facebook

Java 5.0 (aka 1.5) and XDoclet

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eclipse: 3.1M4
    MyEclipse: 3.8.4
    Java: 5.0

Everything is working fine (thank you for the update), except that XDoclet’s parser still barfs on the Java 5.0 syntax extensions such as generics.

1. I’m sure you folks are closer to the XDoclet dev team than I am. Any insight on when a 5.0 parser might be ready from them for MyEclipse inclusion?

2. There is a replacement parser at http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/browse/XJD-41 that proports to handle the 5.0 syntax. Have you tried this? Is there any reason to think that it will or will not work in MyEclipse?

#225505 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rws,
    We appreciate the links and heads up, we are currently up to our necks in other work that needs to get finished before we put some attention back on the XDoclet support, I will however include your notes in an issue we will track internally to improving XDoclet support.

It is likely that we wouldn’t do any custom XDoclet improvements and instead will wait for the XD team to do them, we don’t want to be in the position of maintaining diffs against an official tree if it isn’t something we created, it creates too much long term work for us that can be spent elsewhere.

I would encourage you to use the alternative parser and report your findings here .

#225822 Reply

No luck. I replaced the parser .jar in the MyEclipse directory and restarted Eclipse. XDoclet still barfed on generics. Rats.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Java 5.0 (aka 1.5) and XDoclet

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in