facebook

Java Content Assist is not avai….

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I think i have a bug for you 🙂

If you edit in a JSP page and you save it and then open it in a external editor (i use Dreamweaver) and you edit something and save from that editor. When you go back to Eclipse and write some code and try to use “CTRL-Space” then you got the message “Java Content Assist is not avai….”. The only way i can get it to work again is if i close Eclipse and then restart it.
    The problem come again and again.

Greetings

Bjarne / Denmark

#221446 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What about just closing and reopening the file?

#221552 Reply

That will sometimes to the trick, but not everytime. If i just could do that everytime then there would be no problem.

#221564 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bjarne,
    I would suggest opening your Eclipse log file (workspace dir\.metadata\.log in a good editor like Textpad or UltraEdit, basically not notepad) then open a JSP file in MyEclipse like you normally do, then open dreamweaver, edit the same file, go back to MyEclipse and cause the autocomplete to fail… do you see a log entry added to the log file when you did that? Does MyEclipse ask you to reload the file due to contents changing on disk?

#221712 Reply

Riyad,
    Ill look into it when i come home tonight, if i can get any entry in the log, where do you then want it ?

#221719 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Paste it here please for me to look at.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Java Content Assist is not avai….

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in