facebook

Javac Exception – Web Development Tutoria-Part 2

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Evo-Tica

Guys,
    I have followed the Web Tutorial part provedied by your documentation.
    The problem is I am simply trying to test the helloWorld.jsp (on my Jboss 3.2. Application server instead of Tomcat 5.0) for the first time using the url specified in the documentation in my IE browser and because it is the first time and i would expect the the web container to try compile and convert to java, but i get the following exception:

HTTP Status 500 –

——————————————————————————–

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] javac: invalid flag: D:\Program
    [javac] Usage: javac
    [javac] where possible options include:
    [javac] -g Generate all debugging info
    [javac] -g:none Generate no debugging info
    [javac] -g:{lines,vars,source} Generate only some debugging info
    [javac] -nowarn Generate no warnings
    [javac] -verbose Output messages about what the compiler is doing
    [javac] -deprecation Output source locations where deprecated APIs are used
    [javac] -classpath Specify where to find user class files
    [javac] -sourcepath Specify where to find input source files
    [javac] -bootclasspath Override location of bootstrap class files
    [javac] -extdirs Override location of installed extensions
    [javac] -d Specify where to place generated class files
    [javac] -encoding Specify character encoding used by source files
    [javac] -source Provide source compatibility with specified release
    [javac] -target Generate class files for specific VM version
    [javac] -help Print a synopsis of standard options

at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.javacError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:130)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.javacError(ErrorDispatcher.java:293)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateClass(Compiler.java:353)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:370)
    at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:473)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:190)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:220)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.CertificatesValve.invoke(CertificatesValve.java:246)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.tc4.statistics.ContainerStatsValve.invoke(ContainerStatsValve.java:76)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2417)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
    at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:65)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:577)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
    at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:197)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:781)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:549)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:605)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:677)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

——————————————————————————–

Apache Tomcat/4.1.29

This is my setup:

What operating system and version are you running? = Windows XP Profesional
    What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform) = 2.1.2
    – Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? = Yes
    – If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager? = Not applicaable
    – Are any other external plugins installed? = no only standard eclipse ones and MyEclipse ones
    – How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.* = 7
    What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features) = 2.7
    What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version) = j2re 1.4
    What JDK version are you using to launch your application server? = JBOSS 3.2
    What steps did you take that resulted in the issue? = See above in this email
    What application server are you using? = JBOSS 3.2 at the moment
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? (<workspace>/.metadata/.log) = No exceptions in .install-log
    Here is copy of the file:
    !CONFIGURATION 06-Jan-2004 18:00:56
    !ACTIVITY Jan 06, 2004 18:00:57.701 file:D:/Program Files/Eclipse2.1.2/eclipse/ site-install success
    !ACTIVITY Jan 06, 2004 18:00:57.711 file:D:/Program Files/Eclipse2.1.2/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.config/platform.cfg.metadata/v2LocalSite.xml reconciliation success

!CONFIGURATION 06-Jan-2004 18:26:21
    !ACTIVITY Jan 06, 2004 18:26:22.226 file:D:/Program Files/Eclipse2.1.2/eclipse/ site-install success
    !ACTIVITY Jan 06, 2004 18:26:22.626 file:D:/Program Files/MyEclipse/eclipse/ site-install success
    !ACTIVITY Jan 06, 2004 18:26:22.626 file:D:/Program Files/Eclipse2.1.2/eclipse/workspace/.metadata/.config/platform.cfg.metadata/v2LocalSite.xml reconciliation success

Any ideas?

#202844 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We need to isolate the problem. My 1st question is JBoss configured to run through the MyEclipse (ME) JBoss connector? Specifically can you start/stop JBoss through the ME JBoss connector? I raise this question because of the jasper/javac error message re: D:\Program. If no then:

1) stop JBoss
    2) undeploy the helloworld app
    3) start JBoss and monitor the console output for successful start up or error. If you hit an error then you need to check the connector setup and your JBoss configuration for problems.

Let us know if you have made it this far and we’ll try a few more steps.

#202850 Reply

Evo-Tica

Guys,
    Thanks for your speedy reply.

Your question:
    We need to isolate the problem. My 1st question is JBoss configured to run through the MyEclipse (ME) JBoss connector? Specifically can you start/stop JBoss through the ME JBoss connector?

The answer:
    I setup the connector to my apllication server Jboss from ME ok. Infact i started it from ME and the console indicated it was successfully started.
    I then deployed the helloWorld project from ME and saw on the console and the deploy directory that a HelloWorld.war file was deplyed ok.

So, then i tried calling the this helloWorld.jsp from IE bowser for the first time and as i understand Jboss should see it is the first time and try to compile it into java in the Web/Servlet container. But as i said i get the problem detailed in my last mail.

I hope that helps go forward.

#211135 Reply

karianna

Hi there,

Quick stab in hte dark, but you usually have problems if you have JAVA under “Program Files” on Windows because it doesn’t like the space, it looks like that has something to do with it e.g. invalid flag D:\Program.

You can usually wrap whatever path it is with “” e.g. “d:\Program Files\…..” but its usually best to have JAVA installed in a no space directory structure.

Karianna

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Javac Exception – Web Development Tutoria-Part 2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in