facebook

JavaHelp & Deployment

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Off Topic
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Richly
    Participant

Having written a java program that I’d like to deliver to others, I need help figuring out:
    1) how to add a help file. I’ve found JavaHelp and HelpSetMaker. Is there a “better” way?
    2) how to make a deployment file: I’ve found fatJar, so I can gather up all the Java bits and pieces into one executable jar, and I think I can make an installation of this (and the rxtxSerial.dll file I need) on a Windows platform using the version of InstallShield that came with Delphi, but how can I deliver the application to Mac and *nix users?

Thanks.

#288502 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1. No idea, the only thing I could recommend here is checking Sun’s site and the docs on JavaHelp.

2. Have you looked into WebStart?

#288509 Reply

Ton Huisman

1) Several helpsystems are available, html or pdf are probably the only platform independent solutions available
    2) Have a look at http://www.InstallJammer.com but any installer would avoid to have (non-standard) FatJar squashing together of files.
    Adding a manifest with main-class and classpath entries in your application-jar resolves the ‘difficult commandline options’ issues, just ‘java -jar application-jar.jar’

The Installshield version that came with Delphi can only be used to deploy your Delphi created apps (AFAIK), have a look at Inno Setup (www.jrsoftware.org) for a Windows only solution

HTH
    Ton

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: JavaHelp & Deployment

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in