facebook

Javascript barcode scanner

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

ycbo

Hello…

I am I want to have this scanner in my app…

I would like to know how to do it?

that code I only have to add the the button?

#353056 Reply

Hi,

You can download a sample app from the above user on his post, as this this a third party library it is out of our scope to supply support for it though.
    http://cincyplanet.com/mobius/the-qr-reader-is-here/

#353434 Reply

calosteward

@welkhanson wrote:

Javascript barcode scanner? not Java barcode scanner? I know how to integrate barcode reading function into java project. If this experience will help you a little, free to quote me.

Thanks, hope you can share with some specific tutorial on barcode reading.

#353573 Reply

allensmith

For my current project I need to integratie QR code scanning in my app (which will be available for both Android and iOS). The QR code contains info that sets up the app for the rest of use case. For Android I’m looking into the ZXing project. There are two possibilities: Either integrate a library such as ZXing, or call it from my own app with an intent. I’m wondering which of the two is preferable from the UX point of view.Integrating the library might take more developer effort and seemingly goes against Android best practices, but in the end it seems to be the most user friendly option. Should I integrate ZXing?Or other software?Any suggestions?

#353576 Reply

Hi,

The ZXing is probably the easiest to implement unless you are building in MyEclipse, then you can add the bar code scanner which is a lot better.

#353605 Reply

calosteward

@allensmith wrote:

For my current project I need to integratie QR code scanning in my app (which will be available for both Android and iOS). The QR code contains info that sets up the app for the rest of use case. For Android I’m looking into the ZXing project. There are two possibilities: Either integrate a library such as ZXing, or call it from my own app with an intent. I’m wondering which of the two is preferable from the UX point of view.Integrating the library might take more developer effort and seemingly goes against Android best practices, but in the end it seems to be the most user friendly option. Should I integrate ZXing?Or other software?Any suggestions?

Zxing is a good choice, I‘ve heard that Zxing is usually been used in java, it’s also ok to be used in android.
    Good luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: Javascript barcode scanner

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in