facebook

JavaScript compare no longer works

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

postma
    Participant

When comparing JavaScript files with history, repository base or each other I receive a blank compare tab.

I can compare all other types files that I could think of, and JavaScript to HTML files and everything works fine.

I have created a new empty project, created a JavaScript file, modified it and viewed history. Compare with history does not work. Renaming the JavaScript file to something else and it works fine.

Verified this doesn’t work on 2 separate machines. Windows 10 and Window 7.

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 2016 CI 4
    Build id: 14.0.0-20160624

Cheers!

#491692 Reply

Brian Fernandes

We’re due to release CI 5 this week which has a fix in for this particular problem – as you have already discovered, the problem is specific to JavaScript files.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused – we’ll post here when the release is available.

#491693 Reply

postma
    Participant

Thank you for your quick response. Is there a link that I can monitor for known issues that are being worked? I don’t want to bug you if I don’t have to.

Thanks.

#492463 Reply

support-swapna

postma,

MyEclipse 2016 CI 5 is out. Please go to Help > Check for Updates and update to CI 5 and check if the issue with JS files comparison persists. I am afraid users cannot monitor the issues being worked on.

Thank you for your patience. Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#609770 Reply

melartin
    Participant

Javascript compare is broken again.

I had the same issue in MyEclipse 2016 CI 4 and CI 5 fixed it.

But now, when I have new version, the problem is back: Comparing javascript file with it’s own history gives blank tab!

MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: CI 2018.12.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20181217
    Java version: 10.0.1

Found the answer:
    Prefeerences->general->Compare/patch : remove tick from Open structure compare automatically!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by melartin.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by melartin.
    #609774 Reply

support-swapna

melartin,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem with JavaScript compare. I just checked at my end with MyEclipse CI 2018.12.0 and see no problems comparing a JS file with the local history.

Can you please give us some more details to help us investigate further?

1. Is this problem specific to a particular JS file or do you see it with any JS file in the workspace?
    2. Can you please check if the compare works fine in a new workspace?
    3. Please share with us the workspace log file by clicking on the icon for ‘Export Log’ in the Error Log view, save it as text file and attach it here to help us check for errors/exceptions logged. Before exporting the log, delete the log contents, replicate the problem with JS compare and then export the log to help us get a clean log file.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: JavaScript compare no longer works

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in