facebook

JavaScript IntelliSense for JQuery Code

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

smurfssmur
    Participant

Regarding codemix wondering how to get IntelliSense to detect my JQuery code and produce content assist for it.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by smurfssmur.
    #631929 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for working with CodeMix.

With CodeMix, in JavaScript files, you should get completion and validation support for jQuery out of the box.
    If you want additional support, there is a jQuery snippets extension that supports over 130 snippets that can be installed into CodeMix. The extension can be found here: https://github.com/DonJayamanne/jquerysnippets

Can you please clarify if you have installed the jquery type definitions to the project? : https://www.npmjs.com/package/@types/jquery
    Please run this command on the project’s root : npm install --save @types/jquery and check if the suggestions are shown. Once installed you will see the suggestions. Example : $.ea will suggest $.each(

If you are still seeing issues, then please share with us more details about the project, the contents of the package.json and the code snippet you are working with to help us replicate the problem.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#632004 Reply

smurfssmur
    Participant

Hi, so I’m running an apache server and connecting to the ubuntu server using eclipse Remote System and then using eclipse as almost an editor/FTP. So The actual library’s I’m getting seems to be just the javascript not including jquery then PHP HTML CSS. Where would I install these things, do I need to install node.js to my actual lamp server. If so do you have a page I can follow? Second with the GitHub snippets. should those just be in my HTML folder? or should I use the install new software on eclipse?
    Thank you, if you need more info just tell me

#632068 Reply

support-swapna

Ethan,

Following up on your Live Chat session, we tested another PHP extension, Intelephense and could get the content assist working for jQuery in PHP files. We suggest you give it a try and see how it works for you.

Here are the steps to switch the extension:
    1. Download the vsix extension file of PHP Intelephense (you can find a link to it here: http://intelephense.net/).
    2. Open CodeMix Extensions Manager (Help -> CodeMix Extensions…).
    3. Disable the PHP IntelliSense extension (Click on the checkmark to disable)
    4. Choose Browse for Extensions.
    5. Now choose Install from VISX file… and select the file from step 1.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#632256 Reply

support-swapna

Ethan,

Just checking – Did you get a chance to check with Intelephense extension?
    Please let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#632307 Reply

smurfssmur
    Participant

Thank you for all the help that last one solved the issue.

#632624 Reply

support-swapna

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Please let us know if you see any issues with CodeMix.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JavaScript IntelliSense for JQuery Code

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in