facebook

javax.swing.GroupLayout

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rfulkerson

Hello,

I will be deploying my app with Java 6, and would like to use javax.swing.GroupLayout, instead of org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout, since GroupLayout is now included in the jre.

Is it possible to get Matisse to generate code using the javax.swing package?

Thanks,
    Ron

#264793 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ron,
    Not at this time. We will likely clean up this requirement with our 6.0 release later this year (5.5 is currently undergoing last minute testing for our M1 release, but no major changes to Matisse are going in that release, just bug fixes and cleanup).

#267360 Reply

IchyBan

Hi!
    I’m using now jdk 6 and for an application i used javax.swing.GroupLayout instead of org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout but at school we have jdk 1.5 so my application is good for nothing if it doesn’t exits a jar like swing_layout_1.0.jar used for org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout….can anyone help? Thanks

#282313 Reply

jdeegan

Hi,

I am using matisse 6 and just realised that the javax.swing.GroupLayout is java 6 only. However in the software I am working on we have a policy of not going above java 5. Is there any way to configure Matisse to use only classes up to java 6?

Thanks,

Jen

#282314 Reply

jdeegan

Hi again,

I have switched MyEclipse to be using a java 5 JDK and the dt.jar in that java installation. Do you know how I can get Matisse to refactor the code to use only java 5 elements? I thought it would do it automatically if I closed and reopened the file but it hasn’t.

Thanks,

Jen

#282317 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jen,
    It won’t refactor it, but if you re-create the form in a Java 5 project, Matisse4MyEclipse wlil automatically switch to using the older org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout implementation.

#282318 Reply

jdeegan

Hi Riyad,

Thanks for that. What exactly do you mean by ‘Recreate the form’? Do you mean I have to just redo the part where I drag the buttons and comboboxes onto the panel? Do I get to keep the .java file or do I need to do all of the variables again? There are quite a lot of them. It sounds from what you say is if I have to delete both files and start from scratch.

Thanks,

Jen

#282345 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jen,
    Yes the layout class is selected by M4M at the time you first create the form (File > New > Matisse Form). You’d need to re-create the form from scratch to have it use the older layout manager.

#282870 Reply

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: javax.swing.GroupLayout

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in