June 14, 2018 at 1:40 am #591160
There’s a problem on formatting Javacript files with <CTRL> + <SHIFT> + <F>. Eclipse always jumps to the start of the files and that’s pretty annoying.
I did some tests and i looks like the problem only occours if the file is longer than 350 rows.
Would be really nice if you could fix this issue.
Thanks in advance,
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.June 14, 2018 at 5:27 am #591185
Sorry that you are seeing this problem. Thank you for the image. I could replicate the problem at my end but not consistently. I have filed a bug for the dev team to look into it. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.
Apologies for inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for reporting it.
Genuitec SupportJuly 27, 2018 at 2:45 am #594340
is there some progress in this case?
I recently bought a CodeMix license and freshly installed the newest version of Eclipse PHP Photon and still having this issue.
It also appears on PHP Files (exactly if the file has 253 rows and more…). On JS Files it’s exactly 291 rows and more.
On JS Files the Problem only occours, after installing the Web and PHP Pack.
I would really appreciate if this problem could be fixed soon, because it’s really annoying.
Thanks in advance,
RaphiJuly 27, 2018 at 6:20 am #594349
Thank you for buying CodeMix. I am sorry that the bug is not yet targeted.
I could replicate the formatting problem though not consistently when you first reported it, but when I tried today with the latest CodeMix build and Photon PHP package, I could not replicate it.
While the dev team is looking into it, can you please give us some more details?
1. Have you installed any other plugins to Eclipse Photon apart from CodeMix? If yes, then please list them.
2. Can you please clarify if you can replicate the formatting problem consistently at your end? Like every time you try to format, the cursor jumps to start of the page?
3. If possible, please prepare a test project with the files which exhibit the format problem and share with us to help us replicate the issue at our end.
Apologies for inconvenience caused.
Genuitec SupportJuly 30, 2018 at 3:10 am #594462
1. I have no other plugins installed. Only a fresh Eclipse Photon PHP Package (Release 4.8.0) with CodeMix and CodeMix Extension Packs (Web and PHP)
2. I can replicate the formatting problem consistently. Also if i install the told packages on a freshly installed Windows 10 machine.
3. I have uploaded a test project with one JS and one PHP file where the formatting problem persists.
You can trigger the problem if you just make one tab in the Code and then press <CTRL> + <Shift> + <F> to format the code. When you delete some rows in the code the problem no longer occurs.
I would really appreciate if the problem could be fixed soon.
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.July 30, 2018 at 7:28 am #594476
Thank you for the details and the test files. The dev team is looking into it.
We will keep you posted about the fix schedule soon.
Genuitec SupportOctober 24, 2018 at 6:13 am #601051
it’s now a while since CodeMix is out of beta and this annoying bug still persists.
Is there any possibility that this ever gets reviewed/fixed?October 24, 2018 at 8:06 am #601066
Apologies for not getting the fix out yet. The dev team is looking into it on a priority basis for next release.
Thank you for your patience.
Genuitec SupportOctober 30, 2018 at 11:44 am #601534
Thanks again for reporting this issue. It was not easy for us to reproduce it but I am happy to say that we were able to include a fix for this issue in a new version released just today – CI 2018.10.30. It would be great if you could pick it up and let me know if it solves your problem.
Application Development ManagerNovember 13, 2018 at 1:54 am #602685
i did a few tests on JS and PHP files and till now it works!
Thank you for fixing this annoying issue.