facebook

Jax-RPC works, trouble with JAX-WS in MEBlue WebSphere 6.1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

jamestthomas

Windows XP service pack 3

#318967 Reply

jamestthomas

My issue has become a problem for us. It would seem the tutorial for Installing WebSphere 6.1, Jax-WS, EJB 3.0 and updates was good when it came out. WebSphere 6.1 is now up to fix pak 37 I believe. As I said, we use Oracle 11g and must have 6.1.0.29 in order to run with that version of Oracle. The tutorial is referencing no update after 13. The file referenced as 6.1.0-WS-WASWebSvc-WinX32-FP0000013.pak is not available and yet it is required in the tutorial. Our company has purchased 6 licenses with the possibility of more but I need to get this to create and run JAX-WS web services using WebSphere 6.1. We are updating WebSphere next year but we have to run until then. I think it is a serious problem to reference older fix paks, some of which may not be available. Please either tell me where to find 6.1.0-WS-WASWebSvc-WinX32-FP0000013.pak or tell me if I can use a newer version of that file. Very much in anticipation here. James Thomas

#319005 Reply

jamestthomas

I have found the files. 6.1.0-WS-WASWebSvc-WinX32-FP0000013.pak is very hard to find. The page http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg27007951#61013 led to all fixes. A search on the file name in IBM or online does not come up with much. I am going to redo using 13 and if that works, redo using fix pack 29. I will let you know how this goes. Your tutorial should be more explicit in how to get these files.

#319021 Reply

support-swapna

jamestthomas ,

I will convey your suggestions to the team about the tutorial.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Let me know how it works for you.

#324414 Reply

jemzbond

thanks for the details. i really needed

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
Reply To: Jax-RPC works, trouble with JAX-WS in MEBlue WebSphere 6.1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in