facebook

JAX-WS Tutorial Problem

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Documentation
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I posted most of this in the web services area before I realized that there was a documentation forum:

I’m new to this platform and am trying to create a web service without using .NET.
    I’m following the tutorial and got to section 6.3

I’ve started the Web Services Explorer but instead of WSDL Main, the root of the tree says UDDI Main and there are a bunch of prompts. I’ve tried various combinations of them with no result.

How to I get the Web Services Explorer to give me a WSDL Main.

btw – I can access the URL
    http://localhost:8080/WebServiceProject/CalculatorPort?WSDL
    in a regular web browser but it only shows me the contents of the WSDL file

In section 7. Creating a Client there are a few additional dialogs that appear (that I presume are the result of a newer version) that are not mentioned in the tutorial.

Thank you

#302581 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi,
    I have already clarified the WSDL Main but in your other post:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/jax-ws-tutorial-does-not-match-actual-behavior/#post-302580

Could you give us some more details of the section 7 discrepancies that you have pointed out. I’ll make a note of this for the dev team.

#302597 Reply

Thanks.

Regarding section 7, after you click the new java project option and accept the first dialog (name the project) , a Java Settings dialog appears that is not mentioned in the tutorial.

#302613 Reply

Loyal Water

Regarding section 7, after you click the new java project option and accept the first dialog (name the project) , a Java Settings dialog appears that is not mentioned in the tutorial.

The dialog that you are referring to appears when you click next. The tutorial points you to hit finish. Sorry for the confusion.

#302618 Reply

Thank. There’s a lot of stuff to grasp all at once. I end up behaving a lot like a compiler in this sort of setting.

btw – Is there a tutorial on how to return an array and/or xml dataset from one of these web services?

Thanks,
    Dan

#302642 Reply

Loyal Water

btw – Is there a tutorial on how to return an array and/or xml dataset from one of these web services?

Im afraid we don’t have such a tutorial. Sorry about that.

#308720 Reply

mikekonikoff

Can you add instructions to the documentation on how to get the Web Services Explorer to connect to WSDL services over SSL? I added certficates for the entire certification path to my keystore in jre/lib/security/cacerts. I added these vm parameters to the JRE definintion in Preferences > Java > Installed JREs:

-Djavax.net.ssl.keyStore=path-to-my-keystore
    -Djavax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword=password-to-my-keystore

The Web Services Explorer keeps complaining about not being able to find a certification path.

IWAB0135E An unexpected error has occurred.
    WSDLException
    WSDLException: faultCode=OTHER_ERROR: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

My web browsers, on the other hand, have no such problem. The WSDL loads fine and shows the certificate is valid and signed by a trusted CA.

If I add the above vm parameters to myeclipse.ini, on lines after -vmargs, I get this error on startup:

An internal error occurred during: “Initializing TargetCfg”.BundleContext is no longer valid

And then Web Service Explorer has a different error:

java.net.SocketException:
    java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException:
    Error constructing implementation
    (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE,
    class: com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.DefaultSSLContextImpl)

Which could result from the wrong keyStorePassword, according to some info I read. But I verified the password from the command line using keystore to to list the contents of the store. So it can’t be that. I also tried the following setting, but didn’t see any add’l debug output:

-Djavax.net.debug=ssl,handshake,trustmanager

Could Web Services Explorer be fixed to handle SSL URLs? Web browsers can do it, why not the WS explorer? I understand they have different stores, but shouldn’t this just work once I add the certs to my JDKs store?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JAX-WS Tutorial Problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in