facebook

JAXB/JAXBBuilder in Eclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

videophool

I am trying to get JAXBBuIlder working in MyEclipse. My goal is to have a project with XML schemas(s) that will auto build the JAXB java classes anytime a schema is modified. The general instructions for installing JAXBBuilder say to copy the files form zip into <EclipseDir>/plugins. First, there was no ‘plugins’ folder’ in my Eclipse directory, so I created one, and then copied the files. However, JAXBBuilder does not seem to work as it should. Any advice, or installation instructions would be greatly appreciated.

I am using:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 8.5
    Build id: 8.5-20100319

#319131 Reply

support-swapna

videophool ,

You need to copy the folder to C:\Program Files\Genuitec\MyEclipse\dropins and restart MyEclipse.
    Please refer to
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-24247-highlight-jaxb.html

Also please check if the version of JAXB plugin is compatible with the base Eclipse 3.5.

Let me know how this works for you.

#319169 Reply

videophool

I am now seeing the error:

Description Resource Path Location Type
    java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “C:\tools\jaxb-ri-20110601\bin\xjc.bat”: CreateProcess error=193, %1 is not a valid Win32 application schema /ETSchemas Unknown JAXB Generation Problem

The jaxbpath is
    C:\tools\jaxb-ri-20110601\bin\xjc.bat

#319172 Reply

videophool

I Created a new project, and it seems to work properly. Upon further investigation, I see that the project defaults to ‘Castor’ as the Active Code Generator. By changing to JAXB 2.0, I get the error shown above. Castor seems to work OK, and so I will move on. That said, I appreciate any feedback that can help me to fully understand JAXB.

#319175 Reply

support-swapna

videophool ,

Glad that it is working.

Take a look at this tutorial for complete understanding of JAXB :
    http://jaxb.java.net/tutorial/

I suggest you cross post JAXB specific issues to JAXB forums for better support.

Hope this helps.

#319176 Reply

videophool

I also got the JAXB working. The jaxb install includes a tool xjc.bat which generates classes from xsd, and I was pointing to this file. However, Eclipse needs to be pointed to xjc.exe which is in the jdk/bin folder. Everything is now working perfectly in Eclipse, and I am working on the Ant/Ivy side. Thanks.

#319181 Reply

support-swapna

videophool ,

Glad that it is working.
    Do let us know if you have any other issues.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JAXB/JAXBBuilder in Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in