facebook

JAXWS empty .apt_generated folder

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’m trying to run the JAXWS annotation processor in MyEclipse 6. I’ve added
    jaxws-tools.jar to the factory path. The .apt_generated folder is generated and
    the package folders of my web service are added. But no files are generated.
    No errors are reported in the problems view. Can you help me?

Thanks,

Teun Hoogendoorn

#293349 Reply

Hi,

Some extra info. Running the wsgen task manually generates the files I’m looking for. But this
    means I’ve to run an ant task on every change of my webservice. Can this be done
    automatically?

Thanks,

Teun Hoogendoorn

#293498 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Teun,

I assume you’re trying bottom up WS generation. Our tools should automatically setup the annotation processor and enable annotation processing for your project. The classes you refer to should be automatically generated in the .apt-generated folder.

If you go to your project properties > Java Compiler > Annotation Processing is Annotation processing enabled? On the Annotation Processing > Factory Path page, you should see the following: MYECLIPSE_WS_TOOLS_HOME/webservices-tools.jar
    Do you see any errors logged in the Error Log view when you run the bottom up process?

Can you tell me how you setup your web service project? Did you set it up with the web service project wizard or was this a Java EE 5 web project? To test, can you try making the above settings manually if they don’t already exist for your project? Alternatively you could try in a fresh web service project.

Finally, if you are using MyEclipse 6.0, I would recommend moving to MyEclipse 7 if possible or at least MyEclipse 6.6 if you need to stay on Europa.

#293524 Reply

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your response.

I’ve created a java file with the following code:

@WebService
    (name=”Hello”, serviceName=”HelloService”, targetNamespace=”http://www.example.com”)
    public class Hello
    {
    @WebMethod public String hello(@WebParam(name=”name”) String s)
    {
    return s;
    }
    }

I’ve done this in an existing Java EE 5 web project. I’ve added the endpoint in sun-jaxws.xml and tweaked web.xml. With my own ant task (using com.sun.tools.ws.ant.WsGen) to generate the webservice there’s no problem, but I’ve to run this manually.

Annotation processing is turned on. But the variable you mention does not exist. There is a variable MYECLIPSE_XFIRE_DATA_HOME but no MYECLIPSE_WS_TOOLS_HOME (is this a MyEclipse 6 variable?). But I’ve added jaxws-tools.jar to the factory path instead (running in and out batch mode). But this does not work. I shall try to upgrade to MyEclipse 7 in the coming weeks, to see if my problem is solved.

Thanks,

Teun Hoogendoorn

#296542 Reply

Hi,

Finally upgraded to MyEclipse 7.1.1. It works a little bit better now. On project clean the files are generated, but not after saving a file. I’ve to clean
    after every change (takes a lot of time).

Thanks,

Teun Hoogendoorn

#296552 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Teun,

On project clean the files are generated, but not after saving a file. I’ve to clean after every change (takes a lot of time).

Just to confirm, you are saying that files in the .apt_generated folder are only being updated when you clean your project, right?

#296588 Reply

Hi Brian,

Yes, only when I clean the project.

Thanks again,

Teun Hoogendoorn

#297718 Reply

fabio
    Participant

hy and thanks in advice
    i’m using myeclipse 7.1.1
    Version: 7.1.1
    Build id: 7.1.1-20090310

and i’m trying to follow the tutorial
    Developing JAX-WS Web Services & Clients Tutorial
    the only differences between my project and the tutorial is the package name.
    and at the end of step 5
    getting the infamous error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-04-20 17:01:46.411
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating JAX-WS Web Services”.
    !STACK 0
    com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModelerException: runtime modeler error: Wrapper class com.t.ws.jaxws.Add is not found. Have you run APT to generate them?
    at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.getClass(RuntimeModeler.java:287)
    at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.processDocWrappedMethod(RuntimeModeler.java:596)
    at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.processMethod(RuntimeModeler.java:543)
    at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.processClass(RuntimeModeler.java:371)
    at com.sun.xml.ws.model.RuntimeModeler.buildRuntimeModel(RuntimeModeler.java:258)
    at com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsgenTool.buildModel(WsgenTool.java:225)
    at com.sun.tools.ws.wscompile.WsgenTool.run(WsgenTool.java:124)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.jaxws.JaxWSBUJob.wsGen(JaxWSBUJob.java:224)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.jaxws.JaxWSBUJob.run(JaxWSBUJob.java:124)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

i’ve checked all things i’m able to find on we-forum, all compiler settings are ok, they are setted as said in some other post. annotation processing is enabled, factory
    path contains the ws tool jar
    build automatically is checked.
    But the folder .apt_generated is always empty.
    i’m using jdk 1.6.12
    code compliance setted to 1.5.

any idea?

#297744 Reply

fabio
    Participant

some news
    i’ve downloaded the sample jax-ws project from myeclipse .
    if i try to add some new things to the example it works.

but i can’t figure out what i’m doing wrong, because, if i try to create e new webservice project it still doesn’t work.

#298252 Reply

cporter71

I would love to see this fixed (err….working properly?). My process tends to be:

> create projects using mvn eclipse:eclipse
    > for a given web-service, add ‘web-project capabilities’
    > enable annotation processing – add webservices-tools.jar

At this point mye generates the *.class files for me in .apt_generated. However, anytime I clean or do anything to trigger a build the generated files are wiped. I must go back to ‘annotation procession’ and disable, then apply, then re-enable apply. That works with some version of consistency. What I have been doing as a work around is copying the source files from .apt_generated into my project.

This would be a great feature – please fix or show me the error of my ways!

env: jaxws services/tomcat/osx
    myeclipse: Version: 7.1.1 (Build id: 7.1.1-20090310)

Thanks –
    cporrter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: JAXWS empty .apt_generated folder

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in