facebook

JBoss 4.x support for J2EE 5.0 disabled in MyEclipse 2015

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Lofi
    Participant

In MyEclipse 2014 it was possible to use JBoss 4.x with the MyEclipse Generic Runtime for JavaEE 5.0. This isn’t possible anymore in MyEclipse 2015.

When you create a J2EE 5.0 project and try to add it to JBoss 4.x server you get the error “The server does not support version 5.0 of the J2EE Enterprise Application specification.”

* new -> enterprise application project
    Project name: MyEAP
    Java EE version: JavaEE 5
    Target Runtime: MyEclipse Generic Runtime for JavaEE 5.0
    * add deployment
    manage deployments -> add -> Server: JBoss 4.x

This works in MyEclipse 2014. IN MyEclipse 2015 it doesn’t.

Please change the JBoss 4.x server connector, so that it also allows J2EE 5.0 projects.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Lofi.
    #392841 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Lofi,

We’ve done this because full support for JavaEE 5 is only in JBoss 5.x servers, not 4.x. Since you do want to use the Java EE 5 runtime with JBoss 4.x, I’m assuming you do need some bits of Java EE 5 which are supported by JBoss 4.x? Just trying to understand your use case well.

Nevertheless, we’ve filed a bug for this and will look into softening the restriction at our end.

#392851 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Thank you, Brian. JBoss 4.3 supports most of J2EE 5, but not all. We didn’t have any problems with ME2014. However, we’re unfortunately stuck with supporting JBoss 4.3 as well, even though our application also works with newer JBoss versions.

So far I’ve encountered only this problem that prevents us to migrate from MyEclipse 2014 to MyEclipse 2015. It would be great if that restriction could be softened. I wouldn’t mind having to change a configuration xml file or download a special JBoss 4.3 server connector to make this work. Unfortunately I haven’t found such a configuration file.

#396278 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Stefan,

I’ve targeted this bug for the CI 14 release at high priority. CI 14 should be due in late August, and we shouldn’t have a problem fixing this.

#396322 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Thank you very much! This one was a real blocker, an upgrade to ME2015 wouldn’t be possible otherwise. Looking forward to the release.

#397873 Reply

support-swapna

Stefan,

The fix is out with our latest release, MyEclipse 2015 CI 14. Please update to CI 14 from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#398256 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Thank you very much! Installed it, started the server and application. Everything works as expected.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JBoss 4.x support for J2EE 5.0 disabled in MyEclipse 2015

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in