April 23, 2013 at 9:41 am #338369
MyEclipse Version 10.7.1
Build id: 10.7.1-20130201
I am trying to start working with JBoss AS 7.1.1, however, I am unable to see the JBoss server connectors in Windows->Preferences->MyEclipse->Servers. The only options available under this are: Integrated Sandbox and Tomcat.
I also tried to add the Server Runtime Environment in Windows->Preferences->Server->Runtime Environments using the Add button, but under JBoss runtime I do not see JBoss v7.x listed
I do have the JBoss Support for MyEclipse installed.
Any help is appreciated!
Attachments:You must be logged in to view attached files.April 24, 2013 at 2:36 am #338396
Sorry to hear you are running into this issue.
Could you please provide below information –
1. How did you install ME 10.7.1? Using all-in-one installer / custom installer / pulse / update site on top of eclipse classic?
2. Can you please switch to a clean new workspace and check whether you can replicate the issue or not ?
3. If you are still seeing any issues, clear the contents of the .log file located at [workspcae]/.metada/.log , replicate the issue and attach the .log file here to help us investigate further.
I would recommend you perform a repair/reinstall of MyEclipse. Open MyEclipse installer file, it will list you 4 options, you could choose to repair, create another copy of MyEclipse or re-install. You could choose any of the options listed and follow the wizard till completion.
The latest release of MyEclipse, MyEclipse 2013 (formerly known as MyEclipse 11) is now available. If you are having a license for MyEclipse 10.x then the same license can be used for MyEclipse 2013 as our licenses are time based, not version based. Please take a look at the following link for more information and download link for MyEclipse 2013 – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/myeclipse-2013-is-now-available/
Let me know how this works for you.April 24, 2013 at 11:29 am #338421
Here are the answers to your questions:
1. I used all-in-one installer (always do).
2. When I switched to a new workspace, it does shows all the option for servers.
3. I skipped this step due to step 2.
I installed the MyEclipse 2013, however, I still do not see the option to add the JBoss connector for the existing workspace despite the fact that Help->Choose Components->Selected list shows JBoss Support for MyEclipse.
What should I do to restore the options on my current application workspace?
BIjuApril 25, 2013 at 4:28 am #338453
Looks like your workspace is corrupted. Can you please use the new workspace and import the projects from the original workspace ? If needed, you can also import the old workspace preferences in to your new workspace by following these steps :
1. Open MyEclipse with old workspace and go to File > Export > General > Preferences
2. Make sure “Export all” is checked
3. Enter the preference file name and click Finish
4. Open MyEclipse with new workspace and go to File > Import > General > Preferences
5. Select the preferences file created above and click Finish
To help us replicate the issue at our end, if possible can you please send the original workspace(old workspace) to us. (Attach a zip file of your old workspace directory after stripping of the projects from the zip file)
Let us know how it works for you.April 29, 2013 at 3:48 pm #338614
Do you have any other workaround?
There are many projects under this workspace, even a few in subfolders that are managed by TIBCO business studio.
Are you specifically looking for the old workspace’s .metadata folder?
BijuApril 29, 2013 at 4:23 pm #338615
I just tried the new workspace method that you suggested and then applied the eclipse preference from the old workspace (as per your suggestion) and it still does not show the JBoss server options as it would do with a completely new workspace.
Is this due to the application of the Preferences?
BijuApril 30, 2013 at 3:28 am #338637
Can you go to Window > Preferences > General > Capabilities and then press the Advanced button? Under MyEclipse Standard Tools you should see JBoss Server Support. If this is unchecked, the server might not appear in your server list. Could you tell us if this is the case in your installation? Simply check it and click OK / Apply to fix the problem.April 30, 2013 at 10:11 am #338650
Thanks Brian. That was it. Dunno how these got unchecked. Don’t remember doing this explicitly.May 1, 2013 at 5:21 am #338684
Thanks for writing back – we don’t have code that would turn those items off, perhaps it was in a preference file you imported inadvertently. Glad the problem is now resolved.
JBoss AS 7.1.1 Server Connector issue
- This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 7 months ago by .
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)