facebook

JSF 1.2 With Facelets

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

jfrosch
    Participant

This message has not been recovered.

#278526 Reply

Loyal Water

In your designer window, add the TextInput from the palette under “JFS HTML”. Is it still marked as an unknown attribute ?

#278624 Reply

I posted the identical problem under the topic “Post subject: Apparently bogus errors on JSP files “. Nipun responded with a screen clip showing the label tag without the error. I assumed it must be my configuration problem, but I can create a new JEE5, JSF, Facelets application from scratch as Nipun purported to do and I get the error.

I just tried adding from the palette under JFS-H and I get the error.

I no longer believe this is a configuration problem, I think it is an intermittent bug, because I use this tag/label consistently. Normally the first time I add it to an xhtml file, I get the line flagged as an error. But after some time the marker may go away. I have multiple files in the same project, some of which exhibit the failure some not. Once the flag goes away it does not seem to come back but I can’t find any pattern as to what causes it, or causes it to clear up.

#278645 Reply

jfrosch
    Participant

@support-nipun wrote:

In your designer window, add the TextInput from the palette under “JFS HTML”. Is it still marked as an unknown attribute ?

Yes it is.

I dragged the TextInput control onto the design canvas and got an opening and closing h:inputText element. I added the attribute, label=”Name: “, and the attribute was flagged as being an unknown attribute. Ditto for converterMessage, requiredMessage, etc.

All the JSF 1.2 attributes are unrecognized, even though my build path includes the JEE 5 library with (presumably) JSF 1.2 jars. The following entry is from my .classpath file:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="melibrary.com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.MYECLIPSE_JAVAEE_5_CONTAINER"/>

It’s not a huge issue at this moment, but I’d sure like to figure out why I can use JSF 1.2 in a JSP, but not in a Facelets XHTML page.

Thanks for any help.

#278864 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys, thanks for your patience. It looks like a bug on our end with the Facelets editor not recognizing the 1.2 taglibs. I am filing it ASAP.

#278872 Reply

jfrosch
    Participant

Excellent. Thanks!

To everyone in the USA – have a happy Thanksgiving.

#279629 Reply

I having the same problem. But it is not only restricted to the jsf 1.2 taglib. Every additional taglib is ignored by the content assistant.
    I have as additonal tag libs the richfaces included. The designer add the taglibs correctly in the header. But the contant assistant takes
    no notice of this.

#279646 Reply

Riyad Kalla

frweisma,
    The facelets editor, due to how facelets taglibs are designed, cannot pickup the validation and content-assist definitions for the taglibs on the fly, it’s a process we have to support and include in the editor at this time.

#279707 Reply

So this means that you have completly different implementations between JSP and XHTML. Because when i design a JSP site,
    all properties of foreign taglibs are supported.

#279708 Reply

Riyad Kalla

JSP, XHTML and Facelets are all similar in structure/syntax highlighting, but if you are asking about grammars for the languages and content-assist/taglib support, they are all very different.

#281255 Reply

jfrosch
    Participant

Guys, thanks for your patience. It looks like a bug on our end with the Facelets editor not recognizing the 1.2 taglibs. I am filing it ASAP.

Has there been any progress on this?

#281276 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No, we haven’t had a release since it was filed. I am going to push for it to get fixed in 6.5 or 7.0 later this year.

#281278 Reply

jfrosch
    Participant

@support-rkalla wrote:

No, we haven’t had a release since it was filed. I am going to push for it to get fixed in 6.5 or 7.0 later this year.

Ouch! I truly hope the fix is sooner than later.

IMO, one of the biggest advantage of JSF 1.2 is the introduction of time-saving, code-saving attributes on the HTML tags.

For instance, in JSF 1.1, one had to create a separate h:message element for each input field, but JSF 1.2 allows one to specify the message value, and even Severity level styles, on the same element. This not only saves coding an extra element, but when the form is composed in a 2-column gridPanel, I usually wrap the input field and h:message element into an h:panelGroup to keep the message rendered close to the field. Being able to have a 2-column, label/field table without the extra h:panelGroup is an additional time savings.

Of course, there’s much more in JSF 1.2 that saves times and makes coding easier.

So not having JSF 1.2 support in the Facelets editor isn’t just inconvenient; it’s causing a lot of extra code to be written while we await this important fix.

If the code for this editor is open source, perhaps we can all take a look to see if there’s a way to slipstream in a fix before the next big release?

Thanks for your understanding.

#281781 Reply

vote +6 (we have 6 licenses) to get this fix/addressed sooner. 🙂

We too are using JSF 1.2 and we currently have to live with the validation errors. And we have to manually type in the new JSF 1.2 attributes/tags. Not much of a big deal, just some times a pain (it gets hard to see real bugs in your code when your problems tab has 20+ items about invalid tags/attributes).

Hopefully we don’t have to wait till the end of this year for this!

Anthony

#281785 Reply

Riyad Kalla

IMO, one of the biggest advantage of JSF 1.2 is the introduction of time-saving, code-saving attributes on the HTML tags.

I just want to clarify, we support JSF 1.2 with standard JSP pages, but not in Facelets yet. (I realize your request is for Facelets, I just want to clarify for anyone running through the thread and reading it quickly)

We too are using JSF 1.2 and we currently have to live with the validation errors.

Anthony, do you mean JSF in straight JSP pages, or Facelets/XHTML pages? Our JSP editor will correctly parse the updated definitions from the TLDs for JSF 1.2 in Java EE 5, so you shouldn’t be seeing problems in a plain JSP, but in Facelets I understand.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
Reply To: JSF 1.2 With Facelets

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in