facebook

JSF-EL checker

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

MyEclipse Team,

One handy feature for JSF development would be something that validates JSF-EL expressions against existing managed beans.

I would imagine it would work somewhat like this:
    – MyEclipse notices when user creates a new or edits an existing JSF-EL expression (either that, or when the JSP is saved, it scans the JSP for JSF-EL expressions)
    – It looks up in faces-config.xml the managed bean which the expression refers to.
    – It verifies that the expression is valid. If it is a value-binding expression, looks for get/set methods for the specified property (or nested properties). If it is a method-binding expression, it looks for the referenced method.
    – If there is a problem, highlight it. Extra bonus would be to offer the option to add the method(s) called for by the JSF-EL in the appropriate managed bean (or create the managed bean if it doesn’t exist).

Of course, the ultimate feature would be automatic syncing between JSPs and backing beans, like Studio Creator, but I know that would be asking a lot. The above-described feature would provide a lot of the same benefits with less work. I’m sick of discovering my JSF-EL problems at run-time 😉

Thanks,
    Scott

#223213 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Great suggestions, I am going to file these as enhancements for a future release.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JSF-EL checker

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in