facebook

JSON Highlighting

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

andymyersau
    Participant

I use DevStyle with the “Light Grey (Fresh Light)” workbench theme and “Eclipse Standard” editor theme.

After updating to CodeMix Essentials 3.4.0.201908201900 it seems my .json files are being coloured in colours better suited to a dark theme. I’ve attached a screenshot

I’ve been able to override this by Preferences -> CodeMix -> Editors -> Syntax Colouring -> JSON but I am not sure it’s the best experience having to change these based on your selected theme?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by andymyersau.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #621345 Reply

Hi andymyersau,

Sorry to hear that you are seeing problem with syntax colors.

Unfortunately we are unable to replicate the same at our end, so it will help us investigate better if you could please connect with us through CodeMix Live Chat (Help > CodeMix > LiveChat).

Thanks,
    Shilpee

#621477 Reply

andymyersau
    Participant

I tried with a new workspace and I cannot replicate it now either. My old one had been updated a few times for different eclipse versions so perhaps there was something left over there that was causing issues. Thanks for looking into it 🙂

#621504 Reply

Hi Andrew,

Glad to know that it works for you now.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
    Shilpee

#624145 Reply

andymyersau
    Participant

I think I’ve just reproduced this by doing the following:

* Do a fresh install
    * Select a dark theme in devstyle
    * Restart
    * Go back to a light theme in devstyle
    * JSON syntax highlighting retains the dark theme colours

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by andymyersau.
    #624165 Reply

support-swapna

Andy,

Thank you for the steps, but we could still not replicate the problem at our end.
    Can you please clarify if you have restarted the IDE after switching to the light theme?

The other reason could be that Oomph preferences recorder is incorrectly restoring the older settings.

1. Can you please clarify if you see the syntax highlighting change to suit the light theme once you click ‘Apply’ the Light Theme in the Color Themes page? Are the syntax colors going bad only after the restart?

2. Can you please go to Window > Preferences > Oomph > Setup Tasks > Preference Recorder and see if the ‘Record into’ is checked? In case it is checked, then please uncheck it and shut down Eclipse.
    Go to [user_home]/.eclipse and move / delete the folders named *oomph* – this will make the (bad) saved preferences inaccessible. Restart Eclipse and check if the issue persists.

3. Please go to the DevStyle > Color Themes preferences page and check if ‘Allow Oomp to track & set theming preferences’ is checked/enabled. Ensure it is unchecked.

4. If you are still seeing the problem, then please share with us the Eclipse version and distribution (Java/JEE/C/C++/PHP) details along with your OS and version details to help us investigate further. If you have set any OS theme, then share those details as well.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by support-swapna.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by support-swapna.
    #624294 Reply

andymyersau
    Participant

Hello,

TO answer your questions:

1. Yes I have restarted the IDE. I was actually using the Dark theme all weekend, then on Monday when I returned to my desk I decided to revert to the Light Theme. I restarted the IDE as advised after pushing the “Apply” button. It was only later in the day when I opened a .json file that I found this

2. I have confirmed this is not checked.

3. Also confirmed this is unchecked

4. My build is:

Eclipse IDE for JavaScript and Web Developers
    Version: 2019-06 (4.12.0)
    Build id: 20190614-1200

I believe it’s the CodeMix plugin where this is happening though. My suspicion is that the settings in CodeMix -> Editors -> Syntax Colours -> JSON might be modified when I go to a dark theme but are not set back the other way when I pick a light theme??

When is live chat available? I’m in AEST (+1000) timezone and I have usually found it to be unavailable during my work day, but if you can advise what times it is active I might be able to get online to demonstrate this if it’s helpful.

Andrew.

#624648 Reply

support-swapna

Andrew,

Thank you for the details. We could replicate the problem at our end and a bug report is filed for the dev team to look into it.
    We replicated the issue with just DevStyle and CodeMix isn’t involved. We will keep you posted when the fix is out.

About Live Chat, you can reach us in the second half of your day i.e 2.30 P.M AEST onwards.

Thank you once again for reporting this issue.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: JSON Highlighting

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in