facebook

JSP 2.0 Tag Files with MyEclipse Complaints About Fragments

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Bob

Is anyone having any luck getting these to run in your own application without MyEclipse complaining aboout the fragments?

After reading up on JSP 2.0 through the documentation in Apache Tomcat/5.5.20 I built a set of pages using the examples see it in action. They work but MyEclipse complains about the use of tags. The “complaint” is:

Undefined attribute name (fragment).

DETAILS:
    Using Tomcat 5/JSP2.0/MyEclipse IDE 5.1.1 GA
    You can refer to JSP 2.0 Examples – Panels using Tag Files directly reviewed from localhost/jsp-examples/jsp2/tagfiles/panel.jsp if you have Tomcat5 running.
    I have the JSTL 1.1 libraries installed in the project.

#267477 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Bob,
    Do you mean using tagdir, or do you mean using coda/precludes for header/footers of your pages?

#267723 Reply

Bob

I made a copy of the example (my own files rather than the orginals packaged w Tomcat) files and put the tagdirs in the WEB-INF/tags directory. Each tag file displays a WARNING icon.

#267730 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We don’t support tagdir yet, but should in our 6.0 release. I’m sorry for the trouble.

#268163 Reply

Tom Fulton

I understand about the warning, and that it should be in version 6. My question is, can we still use it and ignore the warning? Or is MyEclipse not able to find the directory, and therefore can’t use tags defined in a tag directory?

I have imported some JSP 2.0 code and can’t get it to run. It doesn’t seem to recognize the tag in the tagdir:

<%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" %>
    <%@ taglib prefix="cc" tagdir="/WEB-INF/tags/cc" %>

<html>

<head>
      <title>Wholesale Order Processing</title>
      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="Sales.css" />
    </head>

<body>

<cc:springBean module="Wholesale" name="database" />

It’s the cc:springBean that isn’t functioning, and it apparently does work when built with Ant.

#268183 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tom, right now there is no support for tagdir. So while you could ignore it and get it to run on your app server, MyEclipse won’t be able to provide any autocomplete for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: JSP 2.0 Tag Files with MyEclipse Complaints About Fragments

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in