facebook

JSP Breakpoint erratic behaviour- Weblogic 7

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

send2rajesh

Environment: Eclipse 3.0
    MyEclipse: 3.8.2
    App Server : Weblogic 7
    JDK: 1.4.2

Hi Scott,

I downloaded eclipse yesterday and started playing around with it. I am very impressed with it.

I have been able to configure weblogic appserver and stop and start the same.
    I was able to create a sample helloworld web project. Deploy it in weblogic and set breakpoint in JSP and java classes. Your posting on “JSP Breakpoints in Weblogic” in the forums helped me a lot.

I am facing a small problem when I try to work with an existing web project during JSP debugging. It works some time and it does not work some time. I am not able to find any pattern. When I created a new MyJsp.jsp in the existing web project I am able to set breakpoint fine.
    Some thing funny is going on with existing JSP file. I had a scenario where I had three break point in a JSP and debugger ignored the first two break point and jumped to the third one. In another scenario I was able to break at a point and later when I removed the breakpoint, executed the JSP and then put the break point again it did not work.

Some time it is just ignoring the breakpoints completely.

Please advice. Thanks!

#218750 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Are there other JSPs with the same name as the problematic one in the workspace? Does the behavior change if you temporarily close all your other projects? Can you create a new web project, copy the problematic JSP into it, and see if the results change? If none of that makes a difference, can you create a very simple JSP page that exhibits this behavior and post the code here? Then we’ll be able to tell what the issue is.

#218782 Reply

send2rajesh

One more observation:
    When I go to debug view and look at break points view its lists all the JSP pages which have breakpoint setup. In this view some break point bullets are different(with kind of tail) . I am not able to understand what it signifies. Also debugger stops at only this type of breakpoints and ignores other breakpoint.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: JSP Breakpoint erratic behaviour- Weblogic 7

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in