facebook

JSP change not noticed

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Wayne Kidd

Quite often, but not all of the time, changing .jsp files goes un-noticed (at least by the appserver). When this occurs, I sometimes see the compile of the page in myeclipse (I am not sure whether this always happens or not). I can usually get past this by making large, but meaningless, changes to the file (put a bunch of empty lines in the file – no impact on the page). My server is oracle 9ias. I can’t figure out whether the problem is on the myeclipse side or the Oracle side. Any suggestions.

Wayne

#197517 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Wayne,

When this occurs, I sometimes see the compile of the page in myeclipse (I am not sure whether this always happens or not).

Be sure to check your setting for Window > Preferences > Workspace > Perform builds automatically on resource modification. This must be checked in order for JSP compilation to function and for the deployer to work. We’ve noticed that sometimes this setting can be turned off “mysteriously”, whether MyEclipse is installed or not.

I can’t figure out whether the problem is on the myeclipse side or the Oracle side. Any suggestions.

The easiest way to determine where the issue lies is to make the change (after verifying the setting above) and see if the new JSP file has been copied out to your project’s deployment area under the Oracle installation.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JSP change not noticed

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in