facebook

JSP compile & auto sync issue [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ssidi

Hello,

I need help with 2 issues regarding a web-app project

1) Everytime I request a project rebuild (project->Rebuild project), all JSPs included in my web-app are compiled everytime (even though they are not updated). Is there any way to influence that ? Also, is there a way to just compile a Java file that is changed ?

2) The web-app is deployed on WLS 7.0 via the workbench. If there a way to automatically re-doply components that are changed ? E.g. If I go & change the JSP, is that JSP automatically re-deployed ? At the present, I have to re-deploy the whole application.

Thanks !
    Shah 🙄

#198577 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

1) Everytime I request a project rebuild (project->Rebuild project), all JSPs included in my web-app are compiled everytime (even though they are not updated). Is there any way to influence that ? Also, is there a way to just compile a Java file that is changed ?

The Project->Rebuild action will reprocess all files in the project. This is standard Eclipse behavior. The default rebuild behavior for a WebProject is to recompile all Java files, and validate JSP and XML deployment descriptor files. You may disable JSP and XML validation by setting the preferences on the respective editor preference page (see Windows->Preferences->MyEclipse->Editors->JSP/HTML or Windows->Preferences->MyEclipse->Editors->XML).

2) The web-app is deployed on WLS 7.0 via the workbench. If there a way to automatically re-doply components that are changed ? E.g. If I go & change the JSP, is that JSP automatically re-deployed ? At the present, I have to re-deploy the whole application.

What version of MyEclipse are you using? If you deploy in exploded archive format you should not have to redeploy except in cases where you change the shape of a java class. \MyEclipse will attempt to keep the deployed application on you appserver insync with your project codebase. So the answer is yes, a modified JSP in your project should be sync’d with the deployed webapp on your server.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198581 Reply

ssidi

Hello,

Thanks for the clarification !

1) I was able to turn both JSP compile & XML validation off. Jsps are not getting compiled (on project rebuild) which is the desired behavior. However, web.xml is still getting validated. Any other suggestions ?

2) I am still not able to get the modified JSPs & Java code to auto-deploy. I am using Eclipse Version: 2.1.1 Build id: 200306271545. And Workbench version 2.6.1.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Shah 🙂

#198582 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

However, web.xml is still getting validated. Any other suggestions ?

If you have disabled the XML deployment descriptor validation preference any network behavior you may observe is mostly like caused by the Xerces parser loading a remote DTD, even though it is not used for validation. We have a remedy ready for the next maintenance release.

2) I am still not able to get the modified JSPs & Java code to auto-deploy. I am using Eclipse Version: 2.1.1 Build id: 200306271545. And Workbench version 2.6.1.

Are you deploying your web-project in exploded or packaged format?

There is a rare condition in the pre-2.6.2 releases in which a deployed application in exploded format would loose its deployment builder configuration. The MyEclipse 2.6.2 upgrade addresses this. Look in your project’s .project file for the following XML element:

<buildCommand>
    <name>com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198599 Reply

ssidi

Hello,

Thanks again for the clarification on web.xml validation.

Regarding the auto sync of web-app components, my web-app is deployed in the exploded form. The .project content are as follows. Thanks again for your help !

Shah

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <projectDescription>
    <name>tpo</name>
    <comment></comment>
    <projects>
    </projects>
    <buildSpec>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.WebClasspathBuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javabuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProjectValidator</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.DeploymentDescriptorValidator</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>de.bb.bje.eclipse.IncrementalJspBuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    <buildCommand>
    <name>com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentBuilder</name>
    <arguments>
    </arguments>
    </buildCommand>
    </buildSpec>
    <natures>
    <nature>com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.deploymentnature</nature>
    <nature>com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.webnature</nature>
    <nature>org.eclipse.jdt.core.javanature</nature>
    </natures>
    <linkedResources>
    <link>
    <name>src</name>
    <type>2</type>
    <location>C:/ccviews/sidi_snap_view/tpo/src</location>
    </link>
    </linkedResources>
    </projectDescription>

#198600 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Please ensure that the auto-build preference is enabled, see Windows menu > Preferences > Workbench, “Perform build automatically on resource modification”. The sync-on-demand deployer requires this preference to be enabled.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198607 Reply

ssidi

😀
    That worked. Thanks for your help !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: JSP compile & auto sync issue [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in