facebook

JSP Deployment – Modified Date Changed [Enhancement]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jangerer

I think I found a bug in the deployment in GA2.5.

I pre-compiled my JSP pages (for WebLogic) and found that they were getting compiled again after being deployed on the server.

(In WebLogic you deploy the pre-compiled JSPs in the WEB-INF/classes directory in a package called jsp_servlet.)

After much banging of my head I found that the reason for this was that when MyEclipse was deploying the application it was changing the ‘last modified’ date on ALL the JSPs deployed. This was true with both packaged and exploded deployments.

If I deployed outside of MyEclipse, everything worked fine.

I think this is an easy one to fix. I don’t see any reason you would want to change the modified date.

Joe

#197778 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Joe,

Interesting scenario. I doubt we considered precompiling JSP’s so preserving file mod times didn’t seem that important, I’d imagine. Now it is. I’ve logged this into our internal tracking system so we can correct it in a subsequent service release.

Thanks for taking the time to dig to the bottom of it and provide us enough detail on the first post to identify the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience until we get it addressed.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JSP Deployment – Modified Date Changed [Enhancement]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in