facebook

JSP Editor: code completion [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hobru

Hi,

while searching for a good JSP Editor for Eclipse I stumbled across myEclipse. The things I read about it were great, so thought to give it a try.
    After installing myEclipse the JSP files looked different (which I expected) and it was much easier to navigate through the document.

However, Java completion didn’t work (typing <% out. … like mentioned in the tutorial yielded no results). Does Java completion only work when I use a “real” J2EE web project or should it work with any JSP file?

The other thing I wanted to know: is it possible to include taglib definition files? The highlighting is great, but since I do have the tld file it would be great to use it.

I searched in this forum but couldn’t find any answers to my questions. It would be great, if you could point me to a documentation which covers this topics.

Thanks for any help,

Holger.

#200518 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Holger,

Does Java completion only work when I use a “real” J2EE web project or should it work with any JSP file?

Yes, for code completion to be effective, the JSP file needs to be part of a properly configured web project and located somewhere under the web root.

The other thing I wanted to know: is it possible to include taglib definition files? The highlighting is great, but since I do have the tld file it would be great to use it.

Yes, you can add TLD’s and then get content assist on those tag libraries also. However, this also needs to be part of a properly configured web project.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#200528 Reply

hobru

Thanks so much for the reply. I read about the support here before — and I have to admit it is great! I will try to add my JSP to a propper web project.
    Thanks again,

Holger.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: JSP Editor: code completion [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in