facebook

JSP editor doesn’t recognise my tags

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Robinmanus

Hi,

I have a JSP file that doesn’t recognise my tags. I get those yellow underlines.

<%@ taglib uri=”taglib” prefix=”ml” %>
    <ml:msg key=”field.name”/>

On the second line it says: Unknown tag (ml:msg)
    It doesn’t give any errors about the taglib not being found (I checked by referencing it wrong on purpose; it gave an error).

In the web.xml the taglib-uri is referenced and the location to the corresponding .tld is set. If I reference the .tld directly in the .jsp, nothing changes.

The .jar that contains the tagclasses is included in the build path. (does code completion itself even need this jar? I would think knowing which tags are used should be enough…)

Although everything works when deployed, I can’t use the code completion this way.

Thank you in advance,

Robin

#218777 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robin,
    You said that the web.xml <Taglib> entries are there… can you tell me what they are exactly? (copy-paste)

#218827 Reply

Robinmanus

@support-rkalla wrote:

Robin,
    You said that the web.xml <Taglib> entries are there… can you tell me what they are exactly? (copy-paste)

Here it is:

<taglib>
    <taglib-uri>taglib</taglib-uri>
    <taglib-location>/WEB-INF/mytaglib.tld</taglib-location>
    </taglib>

But can this really be the problem, since I also mentioned that I don’t get an error about the taglib not being found?

#218845 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you able to create a small sample project that exhibits this problem, Export it to a Zip and email it to support@genuitec.com with a reference to this thread and ATTN: Riyad so I can look at it?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JSP editor doesn’t recognise my tags

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in