facebook

JSP Editor going bananas over syntax

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jafo

Hi folks!

I’ve got several JSP files that throw the JSP editor into a fit.

I have turned off validation for HTML and JSP.

The file in question is the topmost file of a STRUTS nested tile set.
    This file contains some javascript code and then the actual includes of the separate tiles.

A minor annoyance occurs when I select a couple of Javascript funtions, and indents the code, the editor then looses its coloring highlights.

However, when the coloring hightlights disappears, it is no longer possible to edit code at all. All keyboard input is cut off, however the mouse still works and code is selectable.

Looking over the code, I see first script block tag is correctly highlighted, however the ending script block tag isn’t. The next starting script block tag is correctly hightlighted, as well as the last script block tag. So this seems like a script parser bug.

Closing and reopening the editor reenables editing and highlighting.

I also had the entire editor crash before but now I naturally can’t reproduce it so I’ll let it pass as an operator error 😉

WinXP SP2
    Eclipse 3.01
    MyEcllipse 3.8.2

/jaf

#216797 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jaf,
    We are tracking this issue under the “cannot edit in SCRIPT blocks” title. I will add your comments to the bug report as I think its important for us to collect all possible information on this. It sounds like not only does editing stop, but parsing of the segment dies as well… something must be going wrong with the partitioner.

Are you able to send us a small snapshot of your project that represents the page in question so we can attach it to the bug? Maybe in the form of a project if possible? Please send anything you can to support@genuitec.com and refer to this post so we know why we are getting the file.

Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JSP Editor going bananas over syntax

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in