facebook

JSP Editor View Tab doesn’t display included files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mcallawa

In the JSP editor, choosing the View tab does not display “included” files.
    My JSP is structured as a one-row, two-cell table, the left-hand cell containing (common) HTML code with navigation links, logo, etc. The right-hand cell contains the main JSP code with fields, buttons, forms, etc. The left-hand cell, since this is HTML code common to several JSPs is “included” in the .JSP source file rather than explicit. Yet the View tab on the JSP editor does not display anything from this “included” code. It should combine the included file with the main source before rendering, shouldn’t it?

#209047 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Let me look into this, I know we are doing some serious work on the View and Design modes for HTML and JSP.

#209049 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We are incrementally improving preview of dynamic generated pages but there is only so far that we can push it with basic static analysis. Presently preview is limited to the current page and will remain that way through the ME 3.8 release since preview and our upcoming JSP WYSIWYG designer are focused on individual page layout, not agreggated pages. Following ME 3.8 we will give this area much more attention as we dive down deeply into JSF WYSIWYG and a much richer web app design feature set.

I hope this helps.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: JSP Editor View Tab doesn’t display included files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in