facebook

JSP/HTML Preview and FC2 [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sprint-TX

I cannot get the JSP/HTML preview to work with Fedora Core 2. I have followed the FAQ (section #9 – http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/htmleditor/#faq) and still cannot get it to work. I am using all the latest patches from the RedHat update network and installed the GTK2 compiled version of Mozilla 1.6 in /opt/mozilla. I can get this to work using FC3, but due to limitations with the VPN software that I am required to use to access my company’s network, I am forced to use FC2.

Any suggestions?

P.S. There is no log file to attach with any error codes.

#220143 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sprint,
    The key to getting this to work is getting the SWT Browser component to work, I can garuntee you will get a much faster response/help with this if you post the Eclipse SWT newsgroup as many people there are Fedora/Linux users and have had to fight this battle. While the group of users here are almost 94% non-linux users and the ones that are might not all be using the SWT Browser widget with FC2.

It would be much appreciated if you can post back the solution you find for others to learn from.

#220152 Reply

Sprint-TX

I will do so, but from your response, if many users have had issues with this, why hasn’t the solution been posted yet? How come the tab shows up with FC3 and works, but not with FC2 with the same solution (#9 in the FAQ)?

Not trying to be troublesome, just looking for answers.

#220153 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I will do so, but from your response, if many users have had issues with this, why hasn’t the solution been posted yet?

I was referring to users/developers on the SWT newsgroup. The only users here that have had trouble getting the SWT browser to work you can find by searching our forums for “GTK”, and it was added as an FAQ entry as you found because we felt it was obscure enough to add documentation for it.

All of the users that I know of that had problems with the browser were able to get it working after following the FAQ, I don’t think any of them were running FC3 though, I think most were running FC2. But either way the problem is with the Eclipse SWT Browser widget that’s why I sent you to the “pros” as opposed to here. You might even find your answer by searching the Eclipse bugs for “Fedora Core 3” or the like to see if any bugs were filed against it and the developer might hvae giving a fix or workaround.

#220157 Reply

Sprint-TX

Will do. Thanks anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: JSP/HTML Preview and FC2 [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in