facebook

JSP Page Editor very slow for bigger pages

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Loyal Water

Paul,
    Can you send me a file which would help me reproduce this error.

If this bug exists, we will try to fix this by our next release.

#290468 Reply

Version: 7.0 Milestone-2
    Build id: 7.0-M2-20080915

I am using Eclipse 7, I have a 2600-line JSP file and it is still just too slow.

Is there a way to disable JSP checking? Make it on demand? I tried to change the file association of .jsp pages to Web Page Editor, it doesn’t seem to change anything.

I see that at the top of the window there is a bar that can be pulled down to get a preview. I don’t want a preview. I suspect it slows things down. What is the lightest JSP editor there is?

#290510 Reply

Loyal Water

You can try using the MyEclipse JSP editor instead of the MyEclipse Visual JSP Editor.

Is there a way to disable JSP checking?

Are you referring to JSP Validation? You can right click on the jsp file and go to MyEclipse > Exclude from validation.

#290538 Reply

It doesn’t seem to do the trick. I excluded the file, closed it and re-opened it.

I am speaking about the validation that goes on in the background while you edit a file, which I guess is what takes so much time.

What happens is: I go near the start of my file and type ‘<!–. It auto-completes to <!– | –>’.
    If then I select the ‘ –>’ and delete it, the editor freezes for up to 30 seconds before responding and removing it. This is an extreme case, but during normal typing, the editor freezes for seconds at a time.

I already closed the “outline” window as it is obviously trying to keep up-to-date with the source.

#290539 Reply

Uh… but thanks for the tip.

#290563 Reply

Loyal Water

florianf,
    Im afraid the autocomplete that you have pointed out cannot be disabled. Sorry about that.

#291321 Reply

Paul_P

Hi Nipun,

Any news on this issue? It’s been a year now since I posted this topic. I’m starting to have the feeling that every “problem solving” on this forum goes so long until the problem has to be “really” solved, that is, your team has a bugfix to make. At this point, everything stops. At least, that was my case so far in all the issues I posted. If so, please tell us, so that we don’t bother and waste our time looking for help on your support forums.

Thank you,

Paul P

#291347 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Paul,

We did a lot of work for the 7.0M1 and M2 releases with regard to the editors, are you seeing absolutely no difference in performance?

#306953 Reply

puppetmasta

I’m having the same issues with MyEcilpse 8.0.

Every time I type something into the JSP it churns and hangs.

This is ridiculous behavior and is making me want to trash MyEclipse and go to another editor.

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

#311693 Reply

bigdae

http://blog.naver.com/bigdae/70094811722

it’s a korean language but I posted pictures. May It can help you.

#312437 Reply

dcdantzler

Attempted to open a jsp file and the editor failed to open. Log indicated a NullPointer Exception. Partial stack trace given below. Any thoughts?

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.tld.CMUtil.getStandaloneTLDURI(CMUtil.java:129)
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.tld.CMUtil.getURIFromTaglibRecord(CMUtil.java:117)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.palette.impl.PaletteHelper.configPaletteItemsByTLD(PaletteHelper.java:100)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.palette.impl.PaletteItemManager.registerTldFromClasspath(PaletteItemManager.java:205)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.palette.impl.PaletteItemManager.initFromProject(PaletteItemManager.java:181)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.palette.impl.PaletteItemManager.init(PaletteItemManager.java:147)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.palette.impl.PaletteItemManager.<init>(PaletteItemManager.java:130)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.palette.impl.PaletteItemManager.getInstance(PaletteItemManager.java:72)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.palette.DesignerPaletteRootFactory.createPaletteRoot(DesignerPaletteRootFactory.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.SimpleGraphicalEditor.getPaletteRoot(SimpleGraphicalEditor.java:486)
    at org.eclipse.gef.ui.parts.GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette.setEditDomain(GraphicalEditorWithFlyoutPalette.java:143)
    at org.eclipse.jst.pagedesigner.editors.SimpleGraphicalEditor.<init>(SimpleGraphicalEditor.java:165)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.jsf.designer.editors.JSFDesignerEditor.sash_createAndAddDesignSourcePage(JSFDesignerEditor.java:193)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.jsf.designer.editors.JSFDesignerEditor.createPages(JSFDesignerEditor.java:364)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:662)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:271)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.setVisibleEditor(EditorManager.java:1417)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$5.runWithException(EditorManager.java:942)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3855)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3476)
    at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:803)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$28.runWithException(Workbench.java:1384)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading$StartupRunnable.run(StartupThreading.java:31)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:150)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4312)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.StartupThreading.runWithoutExceptions(StartupThreading.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:1379)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2335)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

#312677 Reply

stevelopez

This message has not been recovered.

#312698 Reply

Brian Fernandes

#312713 Reply

dcdantzler

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
Reply To: JSP Page Editor very slow for bigger pages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in