facebook

JSP Tag references cannot be resolved

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

Aaaargh! I should NEVER have updated myeclipse mid-project.

I just updated to 3.8.1 today using the update tool and then doing the -clean dealy (I’ve done that last part a couple times to see if it fixes my issue)

For some reason the JSP editor is complaining, it can no longer resolve tags from within scriplet tags… the following code which previously worked, breaks:

01 <%@ taglib uri="/dspTaglib" prefix="dsp" %>
    02 <%@ taglib uri="/pafTaglib" prefix="paf" %>
    03 <%@ taglib uri="/coreTaglib" prefix="core" %>
    04 <dsp:page>
    05 <paf:InitializeGearEnvironment id="gearEnv">
    07 <core:CreateUrl id="successUrl" url="<%=gearEnv.getOriginalRequestURI()%>">
    08   <core:UrlParam param="paf_gear_id" value="<%= gearEnv.getGear().getId()%>"/>
    09   <core:UrlParam param="pagename" value="receive_details.jsp"/>
    10   <dsp:input type="hidden" bean="FurFormHandler.successURL" value="<%=successUrl%>"/>
    11 </core:CreateUrl>
    14 </paf:InitializeGearEnvironment>
    15 </dsp:page>

…It complains at lines 07, 08, and 10 with the error “unable to resolve gearEnv” (in the case of line 07). – I get this anywhere I’m doing <%=tagid.blah()%> from within a tag parameter. This works and had no problems in previous versions, I’m about to go insane. What’s going on???

The errors aren’t decorating the JSP files in the MyEclipse perspective, nor are they showing up as Xs or ?s in the left margin, just red marks in the right hand margin of the page.

Help me before I pull my hair out. I’m about to uninstall and go back to 3.8 so I can once again live in peace, hopefully I don’t have to do that and there’s an easy fix.

Thanks!

Jase

————————-

Eclipse
    Version: 3.0.0
    Build id: 200406251208

MyEclipse
    Version: 3.8.1+QF200040825
    Build Id: 200408201200-3.8.1+QF20040825

java.version=1.4.2_03

#214794 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

Hmmm I just stumbled on something else. This is the only project I’m having a problem with, yet I’ve completely destroyed the project and set it up from scratch, copying JSPs back over

still the same issue

now I’m opening up the problems tab and I see the following:

Occurrences of the following:

IWAE0010E Run-time exception java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError occurred during validation. The validator being run was JSP Validator and the message thrown was . furledger September 8, 2004 12:28:40 PM

and

IWAE0010E Run-time exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError occurred during validation. The validator being run was JSP Validator and the message thrown was atg/xml/tools/DefaultXMLToolsFactory. furledger September 8, 2004 12:25:45 PM

any ideas?

#214795 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

Deleting the log file and re-visiting the error yields the following:

!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.validation 4 0 Sep 08, 2004 12:55:27.753
    !MESSAGE 
    *** ERROR ***: Wed Sep 08 12:55:27 CDT 2004    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 1 Sep 08, 2004 13:00:05.212
    !MESSAGE Plug-in com.ibm.xsdeditor was unable to load class com.ibm.etools.xml.common.ui.errorinfo.ReferencedFileErrorActionDelegate.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.etools.xml.common.ui.errorinfo.ReferencedFileErrorActionDelegate
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:404)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractClassLoader.loadClass(AbstractClassLoader.java:93)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:307)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:131)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:124)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:113)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:189)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.createDelegate(PluginAction.java:114)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.selectionChanged(PluginAction.java:295)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.<init>(PluginAction.java:104)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectPluginAction.<init>(ObjectPluginAction.java:36)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.createAction(ActionDescriptor.java:217)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.<init>(ActionDescriptor.java:135)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.<init>(ActionDescriptor.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.createActionDescriptor(ObjectActionContributor.java:144)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginActionBuilder.readElement(PluginActionBuilder.java:145)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.readElement(ObjectActionContributor.java:201)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.RegistryReader.readElements(RegistryReader.java:138)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.RegistryReader.readElementChildren(RegistryReader.java:128)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.readConfigElement(ObjectActionContributor.java:174)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.isApplicableTo(ObjectActionContributor.java:160)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectContributorManager.isApplicableTo(ObjectContributorManager.java:249)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributorManager.contributeObjectActions(ObjectActionContributorManager.java:121)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.addObjectActions(PopupMenuExtender.java:98)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.menuAboutToShow(PopupMenuExtender.java:119)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.fireAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:286)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.handleAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:370)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.access$0(MenuManager.java:367)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager$2.menuShown(MenuManager.java:383)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:116)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:796)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:820)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:801)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_INITMENUPOPUP(Control.java:3320)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:2993)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1391)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:3338)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.TrackPopupMenu(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu._setVisible(Menu.java:222)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPopups(Display.java:2798)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2425)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1377)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:183)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:644)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:628)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Sep 08, 2004 13:00:05.222
    !MESSAGE Could not create action delegate for id: com.ibm.etools.xml.common.ui.errorinfo.ReferencedFileErrorActionDelegate

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 1 Sep 08, 2004 13:00:05.222
    !MESSAGE Plug-in com.ibm.xsdeditor was unable to load class com.ibm.etools.xml.common.ui.errorinfo.ReferencedFileErrorActionDelegate.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.etools.xml.common.ui.errorinfo.ReferencedFileErrorActionDelegate
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:404)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractClassLoader.loadClass(AbstractClassLoader.java:93)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.loadClass(BundleLoader.java:307)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.loadClass(BundleHost.java:336)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.loadClass(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:131)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:124)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:113)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:189)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.createDelegate(PluginAction.java:114)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.selectionChanged(PluginAction.java:295)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.<init>(PluginAction.java:104)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectPluginAction.<init>(ObjectPluginAction.java:36)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.createAction(ActionDescriptor.java:217)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.<init>(ActionDescriptor.java:135)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ActionDescriptor.<init>(ActionDescriptor.java:74)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.createActionDescriptor(ObjectActionContributor.java:144)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginActionBuilder.readElement(PluginActionBuilder.java:145)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.readElement(ObjectActionContributor.java:201)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.RegistryReader.readElements(RegistryReader.java:138)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.registry.RegistryReader.readElementChildren(RegistryReader.java:128)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.readConfigElement(ObjectActionContributor.java:174)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributor.isApplicableTo(ObjectActionContributor.java:160)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectContributorManager.isApplicableTo(ObjectContributorManager.java:249)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ObjectActionContributorManager.contributeObjectActions(ObjectActionContributorManager.java:121)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.addObjectActions(PopupMenuExtender.java:98)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PopupMenuExtender.menuAboutToShow(PopupMenuExtender.java:119)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.fireAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:286)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.handleAboutToShow(MenuManager.java:370)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager.access$0(MenuManager.java:367)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.MenuManager$2.menuShown(MenuManager.java:383)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:116)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:820)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:801)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_INITMENUPOPUP(Control.java:3320)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:2993)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1391)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:3338)
        at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.TrackPopupMenu(Native Method)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Menu._setVisible(Menu.java:222)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runPopups(Display.java:2798)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2425)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    #214798 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

More entries from the log:

!MESSAGE 
    *** ERROR ***: Wed Sep 08 13:11:58 CDT 2004    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.validation 4 0 Sep 08, 2004 13:15:39.95
    !MESSAGE 
    *** ERROR ***: Wed Sep 08 13:15:39 CDT 2004    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.validation 4 0 Sep 08, 2004 13:18:57.79
    !MESSAGE 
    *** ERROR ***: Wed Sep 08 13:18:57 CDT 2004    java.lang.StackOverflowError

The ExceptionInInitializerError shows up when I right click on project and do “Run Validation”. Not sure about the Stack Overflow.

#214800 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jason,

Class not found exceptions will be indicitive of a bad installation. I’d suggest you perform a clean, parallel installation of Eclipse 3.0 and MyEclipse 3.8.1, recently downloaded from the website, to address the problems. By the way, you didn’t say which version you updated from. Using the update tool to update should *only* have been used on 3.8.0, not any releases prior to it, as there were too many changes for the update manager to handle effectively.

Aaaargh! I should NEVER have updated myeclipse mid-project.

By the way, we recommend never changing *anything* mid-project that you don’t absolutely have to simply for risk mitigation.

#214803 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

Starting the reinstall now. I believe I may have been at an earlier version than 3.8.

Thanks! And, I know, I know, I’m retarded for doing that… but what better way is there to procrastinate from codeslinging than updating your IDE? I mean, really?

#214810 Reply

Riyad Kalla

but what better way is there to procrastinate from codeslinging than updating your IDE? I mean, really?

hah, you are absolutely right.

#214814 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

OK, I reinstalled both Eclipse and MyEclipse. I made a new workspace and created my project from scratch.

When I recreate the JSP as shown above, it breaks in the exact same way.

One thing I notice is that I have a red “X” decorating my project folder – not sure why.

I still see the “cannot resolve…” behavior.

When I run “Run Validation” the following error shows up in the log… not sure why it’s an ATG error….

!SESSION Sep 08, 2004 14:39:34.851 ---------------------------------------------
    eclipse.buildId=I200406251208
    java.version=1.4.2_03
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US

!ENTRY com.ibm.etools.validation 4 0 Sep 08, 2004 14:39:34.851
    !MESSAGE 
    *** ERROR ***: Wed Sep 08 14:39:34 CDT 2004    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: atg/xml/tools/DefaultXMLToolsFactory

#214817 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

individually clicking on a JSP file and doing the validation throws the following:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 Sep 08, 2004 14:57:09.26
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Sep 08, 2004 14:57:09.26
    !MESSAGE java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at atg.nucleus.GenericContext.<clinit>(GenericContext.java:84)
        at atg.xml.tools.DefaultXMLToolsFactory.getInstance(DefaultXMLToolsFactory.java:48)
        at atg.taglib.dspjsp.DspPageValidator.validate(DspPageValidator.java:122)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.validate(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.jasper.compiler.Validator.ā(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.jasper.compiler.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.jasper.driver.MyEclipseJspC.ā(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.jasper.driver.MyEclipseJspC.parse(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.validation.JSPValidator.validate(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.validation.ValidateAction$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1673)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1693)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.validation.ValidateAction.validate(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.validation.ValidateAction.run(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.wdt.jsp.validation.ValidateJSPActionDelegate.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:276)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:915)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:866)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$7.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:785)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2772)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2431)
    Caused by: java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find bundle for base name atg.service.ServiceResources, locale en_US
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:804)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:773)
        at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:511)
        at atg.service.dynamo.LicenseImpl.<clinit>(LicenseImpl.java:61)
        ... 38 more

#214840 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jason,

I don’t know where the atg. classes are coming from. They’re certainly not part of the MyEclipse install, so I assume you’ve got dynamo installed or something. It looks like the JDK’s XML processing environment is begin replaced by some atg libraries that aren’t compatible. Do you have anything in your JDK’s ‘endorsed’ directory or are you running Eclipse with a non-Sun JDK? Can you restart Eclipse specifying the vm to use with:
    <path-to-eclipse.exe> -vm <path-to-javaw.exe> using a known Sun installation? Does your PATH put some atg directories before the JDK?

#215471 Reply

Jason Hobbs
    Participant

well, there are no ATG classes in my path or classpath, apart from the user library I’ve created in Eclipse, allowing me to build my projects.

I’ve already gone back to the 2.8 beta 2 version now and everything is working well but I’m running into a lot of crashes and lock ups when multiple JSP editing windows are open, kind of the reason I went to the latest version, I figured that would help.

One thing I should say though is that this error kind of worries me. It suggests to me that when my team (ATG developers) DO want to switch to the latest version, we’re going to run into this issue all over again, essentially crippling myeclipse. It’s almost as if ATG classes loaded during JSP validation collide with myeclipse JSP validation classes and break things.

I have a spare machine here with ATG Dynamo installed but not Eclipse or MyEclipse yet. I’d be happy to set this back up to use the latest MyEclipse if you guys would be willing to help me work through the problem. The one thing I don’t have much of though is time, but I could play around with this for 20 minutes each day if it helps eradicate this issue. We’re going to need to upgrade at some point, we’re all still using the beta.

#215472 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jason,
    We would never turn down the chance to work with a user to uncover potential bugs. If you can keep trying combinations, uninstalling/reinstalling and so forth that would be great. The best bet I would say is to wait until 3.8.2 comes out, then do the fresh install of E and ME on that test machine and see if everything *just works*.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: JSP Tag references cannot be resolved

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in