Can you answer some more questions for me to understand the issue better?
1) On which application server are you running this JSP? Also share the version of the server.
2) Make sure that your classpath and path variables are set properly. Also see whether servlet.jar file exist in lib dir of tomcat. Some times not having the appropriate jar files may cause the problem. Also make sure that tools.jar is in tomcat/common/lib directory.
3) Make sure the JSPs are in appropriate directory structure. Place them under a package and check the imports for possible errors.
4) Can you please copy paste the entire error here from the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log ?
5) Also take a look at these threads which may help you :