facebook

JSP Validation Dependancies not checked

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi
    We have a project with a huge amount of JSP files.
    When we change code in java beans the jsp’s which are dependant on the code are not being automatically recompiled.

e.g.

a JSP calls the method MyBean.getX()
    We rename the method from getX to getY in the java file and save the java file
    We expect myeclipseide to show an error in the JSP file but it doesn’t untill you either “clean” and thus rebuild the whole project, or manually run the MyEclipse Validators in the Project context menu MyEclipse->Run Validation which takes ages for the number of JSP’s that we have

Should MyEclipseIde not detect the dependancies (e.g. from the Java / class files which are created from compiling the jsp?)

I can supply a sample project with one jsp and one bean if necessary to reproduce the problem.

Eclipse 3.0.1 200409161125
    MyEclipse 3.8.3 GA 200412061200-3.8.3
    Tomcat 5.0.28
    workspace Preferences JSP Validation ON
    Project does NOT override workspace preferences

Hope you can help

Matthew Bond

#223444 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Should MyEclipseIde not detect the dependancies (e.g. from the Java / class files which are created from compiling the jsp?)

I can supply a sample project with one jsp and one bean if necessary to reproduce the problem.

Matthew, you just hit on an open enhancement request that we have targetted for 3.9. It is very important that MyEclipse *does* recompile the dependent JSPs as you found out. Thank you for your patience. In the mean time I’ll add your comments to the request so we can prioritize it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JSP Validation Dependancies not checked

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in