facebook

JSP validation (I think) issue

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Wayne Kidd

One of the members of our team gets the following error on “index.jsp” below:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <%@ page language="java"%>
    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %> 

<c:redirect url="/enterERS.do"></c:redirect>

The error is this:

Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time
    2 package org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.rt.core does not exist: org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.rt.core.RedirectTag _jspx_th_c_redirect_0 = (org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.rt.core.RedirectTag) _jspx_tagPool_c_redirect_url.get(org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.rt.core.RedirectTag.class); index.jsp EffortReporting/WebRoot line 5 June 17, 2005 8:17:58 AM

This does not impact the deployment of the page (works fine in Tomcat). It does not happen on any other developer’s system.

It also happens even after completely deleting the project and all files and
    bringing it back in through CVS.

Project properties and classpath are the same for all users (comes in with the project from CVS)

What could be causing this behavior for this developer?

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

#231277 Reply

Wayne Kidd

By the way:

All Systems are:

Eclipse 3.0.2
    Myeclipse 3.8.4

Test deployments are
    Tomcat 5.0.29

#231280 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Wayne,

Peculiar. It looks like the taglib can’t be found on that particular system. Here’s something to check though. JSP validation is performed by compiling the page using the JDK found on the developer’s PATH. Can you open a command shell and type ‘java -version’ to see what version of JDK is used? Does this differ from what is shown on the working systems? My guess is that this one machine has an old (1.3.x) JDK at the front of its path or something similar.

#231394 Reply

Wayne Kidd

The “java -version’ shows the same thing as the rest of the team (1.4.2_05). What else could it be.

#231395 Reply

Wayne Kidd

It is worth noting that index.jsp is the only true jsp on the project. The rest of the project is jspf (because of tiles).

Wayne

#231402 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

On the problematic machine, can you create a new web project and copy over the content from the problematic one and have it validate properly? The reason I ask is to determine if it’s project specific or not.

#232547 Reply

Wayne Kidd

Finally able to perform this test. The user can create a new project and the page does not show error. However, error does survive a sequence of:

1). Delete the project (and all associated files).
    2). Use CVS to bring the project in.
    3). Problem is there in the newly acquired project.

By the same token, other users doing the same sequence do not ever see the problem.

Wayne

#232567 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Can you right-click on the project and use MyEclipse > Remove Validation Markers, then rebuild the project and see if the error reoccurs?
    When you bring the project back from CVS, do you use a different name or the same one as before? Can you try bringing it back under a different name to see if the results are different? Can you create a new workspace on the same machine and pull in this project and see if the results are different? Can you check the contents of the .mymetadata file in the project and see if it matches on all maches, particularly the j2ee-spec setting?

#232724 Reply

Wayne Kidd

We were finally able to narrow this down. When we put jstl 1.1 capabilities on the project (MyEclipse–>Add Jstl libraries), the 2 jars (jstl, standard) do not appear in the classpath (even though Preferences->MyEclipse->J2EE Project->Web Project – Build Path is set to Automatically add (WEB/INF/lib{*.jar|*.zip} is set to yes. These jars also disappear if you delete the project (with all files) and re-load the project from CVS. It is as if they have been added to cvsignore.

Wayne

#232752 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Wayne,

To try to replicate what you’re reporting I did the following with ME 4.0M2 on Eclipse 3.1
    1) Created a new web project called JSTLTest using the J2EE 1.4 spec level.
    2) Checked Properties > Java Build Path > Libraries and noted that only the J2EE 1.4 Library Container and JRE System Library are listed
    3) Right-clicked on the project in the Package Explorer and selected “Add JSTL Libraries”, selecting the 1.1 spec level
    4) Allowed the wizard to execute
    5) Checked Properties > Java Build Path > Libraries again and noted that jstl.jar and standard.jar are now listed as well.
    6) Opened the Navigator view and noted that JSTLTest/WEB-INF/lib contains jstl.jar and standard.jar

Since I’m seeing different results, can you tell me how what I did differs from what you did? Can you try what I did and see if it works for you?

#232761 Reply

Wayne Kidd

Try saving the project to CVS and then load it on a system that did not have the project originally. By the way, we are doing this stuff ooon a 3.8.4 system.

Wayne

#232805 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

we are doing this stuff ooon a 3.8.4 system

That explains it. I searched bugzilla and this was a bug in 3.8.4 that was fixed in the 4.0 milestones.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: JSP validation (I think) issue

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in