facebook

JSP Validation Uses 100% CPU

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ramin

I have had this problem with ME for years and upgrading over the years has not fixed the issue. The problem is with validation of SOME jsp documents with every click. I use ME 8.6.1.

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

This issue has been lingering for years and ME has not come up with a solution from what I can tell. Asking everyone to upgrade to the next version is NOT the solution, unless it was expressly addressed.

#318289 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ramin,

9.1 was released specifically to fix performance issues. We fixed Issues with JSPs that could take minutes to open (now open in seconds) and JSP and XHTML files where typing was slow and even clicking could take time. JavaScript validation load for JS contained in JSP files and JS across the workspace was also significantly reduced.

Performance problems can be caused by a variety of reasons, so without knowing the exact nature of your problem, I cannot say for sure that it is fixed in 9.1; however, there is a good chance that it is, given the performance related fixes that were a primary part of 9.1.

You can install 9.1 in parallel with 8.6.1, I would encourage you to try it out and let me know if your issues are fixed. If not, we can work on your specific problems for the next release.

I appreciate your continued patience and support.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: JSP Validation Uses 100% CPU

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in