facebook

JSP validator errors

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ray Clough

The JSP validator does not work correctly and does not give correct results:

1. using jspx syntax causes the validator to give ‘undefined attribute’ warnings for all imported name spaces. Generally, jspx causes your editor problems.
    2. if you insert an xml-style comment, as soon as you type the “opening bracket exclamation dash dash”, a red error marker appears, and
    the marker remains after the “close bracket dash dash” is typed. In order to get rid of the red markers, you must close and re-open the file. Even “remove all validation markers” does not fix it.
    3. most of the time when you have an error in the page, and then fix it, the red marks persist until the file is closed and reopened.

These problems started in v5.1.0 ( I believe ), and weren’t fixed in v5.1.1 (disappointingly). I know they are just erroneous marks on the page, but they are still irritating.

Usually, when I insert an xml-style comment in a jsp or xml file, the closing comment is automatically generated. Can this be turned off?

– Ray Clough
    ray@allthisisthat.com
    [/list]

#267326 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ray,
    Full JSP Document support is a big line item for our 6.0 release. Our 5.5 release will add more appropriate handling of XHTML and XML-based syntaxes in pages in the general case. Sorry you are running into some “noisey” behaviors. From time to time I’ve seen the sticking issue you are reporting, but admitedly it did stay around long. I’ll make a note that it’s still occuring and needs to be evaluated again for our 6.0 time line.

#271409 Reply

joquarky

@support-rkalla wrote:

From time to time I’ve seen the sticking issue you are reporting, but admitedly it did stay around long. I’ll make a note that it’s still occuring and needs to be evaluated again for our 6.0 time line.

I get this problem very frequently. I’m surprised that it’s not reported more often. I keep my configuration very simple, but I use an extensive mix of JSP, HTML, Taglibs and Javascript in my pages, so perhaps this combination triggers it more often?

Behavior is the same as the original poster: I insert something which triggers a bunch of red-underline errors, I complete my editing so that it returns to a valid syntax again, but the red-underlined “errors” remain marked regardless.

I have to close and reopen the editor to clear them. Attempting to “remove validation markers” doesn’t clear them either.

#288333 Reply

knoveldev

I see this was posted back in 2006 but I am also seeing this behavior currently and hoping that there’s been a fix sometime in the past two years. Does anyone know how to get rid of these *invalid* Validation Errors? Mine is complaining that “String cannot be resolved to a type” and the same for type Integer –very annoying. And closing and reopening the editor does not clear them. Any help would be appreciated.

#289823 Reply

carinoh

We have also the same problem. For example the following code generates an error in the editor but not in the ‘Problem’ view or in runtime:
    <logic:messagesPresent property=”huvudtext”>
    <html:messages id=”huvudtext” property=”huvudtext”>
    <html:messages id=”subtext” property=”subtext”>
    <jsp:include page=”/jsp/common/dialogs/FhGmMeddelandeDialog.jsp”>
    <jsp:param name=”rubrik” value=”Felmeddelande” />
    <jsp:param name=”id” value=”generell_popup” />
    <jsp:param name=”visa” value=”true” />
    <jsp:param name=”stang” value=”generellPopupClose()” />
    <jsp:param name=”huvudtext” value=”<%=huvudtext%>” />
    <jsp:param name=”undertext” value=”<%=subtext%>” />

Errors are shown for huvudtext and subtext as values in the last two lines.

#289889 Reply

Riyad Kalla

carinoh,

What errors are shown in the editor?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: JSP validator errors

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in