facebook

JSPs not getting compiled [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

kulkarni_ash

Hi
    i am working a on a web application, some how the jsp are not compiled and i also dont see any messages in Problems tab

Ashish

#223138 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) Make sure Project > Build automatically is checked
    2) Make sure you have Validation turned on for JSP pages (Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > Validation > JSP Validation)
    3) If you override the workbench-wide validation settings with individual project settings, be sure to double check your project properties “MyEclipse-Validation” to either turn on JSP validation or set to “use workbench settings”.

#223331 Reply

benedek

Hello!

I just try MyEclipse, but I have met the same problem (Ec 3.0.1 + MyE 3.8.3). No red X on the left side of the editor, nor in Problems about JSP-s. 1) checked 2) turned on, just for testing (3) I tried with overwrite and checked in the project settings too. 😥

Thx
    Benedek

#223333 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Benedek,
    Make sure the view you are looking at is labelled “Package View” and not “Navigation View”, the navigation view will not show you error markers. Also try and rebuilt your project. (Project > Clean)

#223339 Reply

benedek

Hi again,

I did both, the fact is:
    1) In the package explorer the markers are only signs html errors, if they are none no markers.
    2) Java/JSP error markers are only on the editor right side, no red X or yellow ! on the left. (Def stupid errors like int z = “aaaa”; shows red marker only on the right side)
    3) In Problems only the errors/warnings from 1) appears.

#223340 Reply

Riyad Kalla

2) Java/JSP error markers are only on the editor right side, no red X or yellow ! on the left. (Def stupid errors like int z = “aaaa”; shows red marker only on the right side)

Let’s fix this first, please close down MyEclipse, edit the shortcut you use to launch it and add the -vm argument, point it at a JDK install (not a JRE install) of java.exe or javaw.exe, e.g.:

eclipse.exe -vm c:\j2sdk1.4.2_06\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx256m

The JSP validator will fail if it can’t find javac to compile the JSP page with.

#223346 Reply

benedek

First I tried this solution, but didn’t work, the I uninstalled everything, and started again. Put everything outside of the “Program files” just ’cause of the space. After the clean install the symptoms were the same. After this, I modified the shortcut, now it WORKS. 🙂 Errors show in the problems too 🙂

Only thing is not perfect: warning for <%@ page language=”java” import=”java.util.*” %> The import … never used, has no yellow ! right side, and no warning in problems 🙂 But I can live without it 🙂

Thanks for your help.

#223348 Reply

Riyad Kalla

warning for <%@ page language=”java” import=”java.util.*” %> The import … never used

Are you sure it isn’t being used? Paste your page contents here so I can try them locally.

and no warning in problems 🙂

Reconciler messages (right-hand margin markers) are not shown in the problems view. This is on par with how the Java Editor is written as well in Eclipse.

#223349 Reply

benedek

<%@ page language=”java” import=”java.util.*” %>
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN”>
    <html>
    <head>
    <title>My JSP ‘Test.jsp’ starting page</title>
    <!–
    <link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”styles.css”>
    –>
    </head>
    <body>
    This is my JSP page. <br>
    </body>
    </html>

I’m pretty sure 🙂 nearly default JSP page, a bit less 🙂

#223350 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It is marked OK over here… what version of MyEclipse are you using? Are you sure “MyEclipse JSP Editor” is the editor you are opening the JSP file with? Try closing and reopening it.

#223351 Reply

benedek

3.8.3. yes, im sure. Tried. Small yellow box on the right only. When I move the mouse over it, it says:

The import java.util is never used (in file: “java.util.*”)

#223353 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tried. Small yellow box on the right only.

Bah, this is what is suppose to happen, your original statement was:

The import … never used, has no yellow ! right side

which I interpreted as “there is no yellow mark on the right side”.

What you are experiencing is the correct behavior, as I mentioned, reconciler errors are not shown in problems view.

#223354 Reply

benedek

Ok 🙂 Thx, sorry for misunderstanding.

#223730 Reply

kulkarni_ash

Hi
    afer adding

eclipse.exe -vm c:\j2sdk1.4.2_06\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx256m 

it works thnax

#223744 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad to hear it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: JSPs not getting compiled [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in