facebook

JSTL 1.1 lib files display?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jameszhu

I created a web project and during creation I chose to add JSTL 1.1 library to WEB-INF/lib folder, but after the project was created, in MyElipse perspective, in Package Explorer view, the two lib file(jstl.jar and standard.jar) were displayed directly under the project root instead of under the WebRoot/WEB-INF/lib, but physically these two files reside under /WEB-INF/lib in the file system.
    screenshot here:

How can I make the lib files to be displayed under WEB-INF/lib? thanks.

#235370 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

They’re in WEB-INF/lib. It’s just the Package Explorer that moves them to the top level with your other libraries (J2EE, JRE), since they’re on the classpath. To see that, open the Navigator view since it shows the physical layout on the filesystem.

#235371 Reply

jameszhu

I use Package Explorer view for develop. Navigator view is just for file system navigating. If I have lots of jar files under WEB-INF/lib, the project root display under Package View will be uncessarily unnavigatable. So my question is, is it able for those jar files physically under WEB-INF/lib to be displayed under WEB-INF/lib in the Package Explorer view?

Thanks for the help.

#235372 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

So my question is, is it able for those jar files physically under WEB-INF/lib to be displayed under WEB-INF/lib in the Package Explorer view?

No, it isn’t. The Package Explorer view just doesn’t have that option. But, using the filters on the view you can keep them from being displayed at all.

#235374 Reply

jameszhu

@support-scott wrote:

So my question is, is it able for those jar files physically under WEB-INF/lib to be displayed under WEB-INF/lib in the Package Explorer view?

No, it isn’t. The Package Explorer view just doesn’t have that option. But, using the filters on the view you can keep them from being displayed at all.

Are you sure about this? I’ve tried every filter of the Package View, none of the filters is able to filter the two jar files out.

Please help, thanks.

Maybe I should file a feature request since the jar files under /WEB-INF/lib are natually special, they *should* appear under the /WEB-INF/lib folder in the Package View.

#235390 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Add a custom filter for *.jar, that will filter them out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: JSTL 1.1 lib files display?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in