facebook

JSTL support is incmplete…

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Folks,

I am using MyEclipseIde 5.5.0 Milestone 2. I have been forced to us only JSTL for a project. Here are my issues:

Why doesn’t adding JSTL support to your project in the MyEclipse Web Project wizard add the proper TLD definitions to your web.xml?

Also, why doesn’t the JSP wizard offer to add JSTL TLD references when creating a JSP page?

Thank-you for the great product.
    Stuart

#270113 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Why doesn’t adding JSTL support to your project in the MyEclipse Web Project wizard add the proper TLD definitions to your web.xml?

Because they aren’t necessary and in most cases not needed.

Also, why doesn’t the JSP wizard offer to add JSTL TLD references when creating a JSP page?

It *should* do this, we agree. It’s annoying to need to type in the default URIs all the time.

One way to get around this is to import all taglibs once into a single JSP, and include that into everyother JSP you use in the project.

#270186 Reply

Oh,

The TLD’s in the web.xml seemed to be required for JRUN4. But Jrun4 has problems with the JSTL TLD’s, but that is another story. 🙁

I made a snippet of the TLD references…

It would be nice to have some JSTL snippets. Is there any way to collect and distribute snippets?

Stuart

#270187 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Right-click on your snippets, go to Customize, and from there you can Import/Export them to external files to share with a team.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: JSTL support is incmplete…

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in