facebook

jstl upgrade, 1.0 to 1.1 [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mendrinos

When I add a web project in myeclipseide, I can check to have support for JSTL 1.0

What can I do exactly in order to safely upgrade from JSTL 1.0 to JSTL 1.1?

Thank you.

#218185 Reply

mendrinos

just noticed in the news section of myeclipseide.com that JSTL 1.1 support will be added shortly.

Do we know when exactly?

#218194 Reply

Riyad Kalla

There is not an explicit ETA for this, it is on a list of many things to do. However to upgrade to JSTL 1.1 manually is fine, just drop the updated libs into your project and update your <taglib> entries in your JSP pages and web.xml file (if you have them)

I posted a sample project using JSTL 1.1 here for you to look at: http://www.u.arizona.edu/~rsk/myeclipse/TestJSTL1.1.zip

#219363 Reply

I’m having similar issues to the original poster.

I’ve tried your test project, but I noticed you didn’t have the JSTL 1.1 TLD files in your WEB-INF. It seems that if you try and use the the 1.1 TLD files the TLD editor seems to think these files are malformed in some way. Or atleast that is what I am getting.

The error reported in the problem description is…
    “cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element ‘taglib'”

Is there anything special required to get the MyElcipse TLD editor to recognize schema based tld files?

Roy Wells

#219491 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Roy,
    I don’t quite follow what the problem is… taglib resolution is a 2-step process, first the JAR files META-INF dirs in your classpath are searched and 2nd your WEB-INF TLD files are parsed… in this case the TLD files are actually in the standard.jar/META-INF file, that is why you don’t need them in your WEB-INF dir as well. Struts does the same thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: jstl upgrade, 1.0 to 1.1 [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in