facebook

Keep Getting MyEclipse11 Faceted Project Migration on import

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

support-tony
    Keymaster

knut,

I couldn’t replicate the problem. Can you provide the pom file for the project that shows the issue? Have you overridden the spring dependencies in some way?

You can remove the Spring facet manually by editing the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.prefs.xml and org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml files in the .settings folder of the project. However, we’d like to try to replicate the issue to see if there is something more that we should be considering during the maven project import.

#352717 Reply

This is my goal:

When user checks out maven projects from SCM, the maven plugin will generate all the necessary eclipse/myeclipse files needed without any project migration wizard kicking in.

The reason for that is If we change libraries such as spring or anything else, the appropriate files are re-generated from the maven plugin that eclipse/myeclipse needs when possible.

Right now, the only thing we use to have to check into subversion is our POM file plus the source code. We did not have to manage ANY eclipse files directly as the plug-in seemed to be able to manage all that for us once the project was imported.

We are fine with having to store some myeclipse settings files such as .springBeans, etc.. We are also good with altering the pom if you tell us how to generate the files that MyEclipse 2014 needs.

Is there any way, we can get to a point where we can get to my goal?

I took one of our more simpler eclipse projects and tried different things such as creating .springBeans, etc… but I still get migration wizard.

I attached the zip file containing the POM from subversion repository, the generated .classpath, .project and .settings folders after project was imported.

Thanks for any help. It is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #352734 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Ken,

I’ve tried importing your test project, without the eclipse files, and don’t see the migration wizard. I’ve tried this in both 2014 and 2015 CI. So I’m unsure as to how the problem is now manifesting itself. I assume that you are saying that every time you import the project, with or without the .springbeans file, the migration wizard pops up. Is that right? It seems reasonable to not have that happen but I don’t see it with the last project you attached.

If I can get a maven project that exhibits the problem, I can raise an improvement request to make the import a smooth process.

#352755 Reply

Given what you said.

In earlier versions of eclipse, we were using a plugin that automatically materializes maven projects as eclipse projects right out of subversion. At one point, this was not a feature that was available historically in eclipse/myeclipse by default.

If we do a “Maven checkout from SCM”, versus “Maven import of existing projects”, I believed the old plugin provided that feature.

Is there any chance that plugin MIGHT be generating files incompatible with MyEclipse 2013/2014?

Attached are the screenshots of our maven settings AND the plugins for Maven we have installed.

Please take a look at let me know if you think this could be it. I can try a version of myeclipse without that plugin but I am not sure what to use to bring maven projects directly from SVN and have them materialize the sub-projects underneath, etc..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #352773 Reply

After I added .springBeans and did a maven check out of existing projects from svn, it still prompts me to do the project migration.

Are there any files, that maven is not generating and that the migration generated that I should just simple check in to SVN that would stop project migration from happening again?

to be honest, I have no idea what project migration even does. which files it modifies or generates? is it updating the .project or .classpath file that was generated by Maven to begin with or does it generate other files elsewhere that I can check in or both?

#352784 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Ken,

I see what you mean. For example, if I create a simple web project with the maven feature, add Spring facet, then save it and import it as an existing maven project (it doesn’t matter if it’s from an SCM or not) then a project migration wizard pops up. Even if the .springBeans file includes the version. This doesn’t seem reasonable, unless there is some problem with adding the Spring facet in the import (facets are not maven aspects). However, the import wizard itself will require some interaction, so the import might not be interaction free, anyway. Still, I’ll have development have a look at this to see if it can be made smoother, particularly as the import process was cleaner in release 10.

Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

#352792 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Ken,

I’ve been trying this on MyEclipse 2014. However, when I try it on MyEclipse 2015, the project migration doesn’t kick in (or executes in the background without user intervention). So this had already been addressed!

Can you try out 2015 CI and see if it fixes the problem?

#352808 Reply

We are using SDC and have a lot of plugins that have to be configured to do a complete test(Collabnet Teamforge, etc).

Assume it works, is 2015 production ready to go out to all our developers and be pushed out with whatever version of SDC we need?

2015 wasn’t listed as a software package by default(which makes me thing its not ready or I have to upgrade SDC). I clicked show all versions in SDC and it listed a bunch of them.

Which version of 2015 CI is considered stable and I should use should we decide to use it before it is released?!?!?

Thanks

#352833 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Ken,

I’ve referred this to development so you should expect an answer from them, soon. However, I notice that you seem to already be trying out MyEclipse 2015 CI with SDC; hopefully, we can sort you out on that, also.

#352860 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ken,

We’ve refrained from using a GA tag with the 2015 CI releases so far because while the features present are indeed tested and stable, there are a few capabilities that are in 2014, but missing in 2015. Still, we do have thousands of users on 2015 who are already happy using it as opposed to earlier versions. The 2015 GA release is due in a month where we will be bridging this gap.

For your specific use case, we failed to note your use of JRebel in MyEclipse (I see it in the plug-in screenshot). Unfortunately, at this time, JRebel is not compatible with MyEclipse 2015 and so cannot be installed or used with it. This is an issue on the JRebel side, so there is nothing we can do about this ourselves, but our teams are working together to help ensure this gets in by the next release.

I’m sorry if you covered this earlier, but just to be clear – what server(s) are you deploying to?

I’ll post more here when I get an update on JRebel compatibility with 2015.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: Keep Getting MyEclipse11 Faceted Project Migration on import

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in