facebook

Keep same line of code at top of other editor

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vgriffin

Frequently, I use the “New Editor” feature to copy or code from one part of a file to another. It works well if I only add or delete lines in the part with the higher sequence numbers.

If I add or delete lines to the copy with lower line numbers, it adjusts the other copy to display the same line number previously shown at the top. This means that I have to move that display to show the part of the code I’m editing, especially a pain if it’s more that about 10 lines.

It would be far better to adjust the expected line number in the copy by the number of lines added or deleted above the displayed code and to keep the same code at the top of the editor with the higher-numbered lines.

#271155 Reply

Riyad Kalla

vgriffin,
    Do you mean like a split-view of editing the same file? I don’t quite follow the context of this request (I’m having a slow-brain day)

#271179 Reply

vgriffin

Yes. I’m using a split view of the same file with the New Editor function and docking at the bottom to split the screen. Other than the “feature” I describe, it works well–better than just splitting the file like some editors do. Many of my files are several thousand lines long, and I often insert or delete more than a hundred lines at a time, so having the code jump around is a real pain.

#271187 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Gotcha, thanks for the clarifiaction.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Keep same line of code at top of other editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in