facebook

Latest Gradle Buildship Plugin Support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The 2020-06 patch of MyEclipse added Java 14 support to the editor.

However, the IDE is still using the 3.1.3 release of the Gradle Buildship plugin. The plugin added support for Java 14 in its 3.1.4 release.

Is there any chance the next release / patch of MyEclipse will include the latest build of the plugin?

I was able to kind of get it installed after adding the update site to the list of sites in MyEclipse but still not working when setting the source/target compatibility to 14 so I am assuming something else has to be done to fully integrate it.

Thanks!

#660666 Reply

support-swapna

Stewart,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Can you please elaborate what exactly is not working with the latest Gradle on MyEclipse after setting the target/source compatibility to 14? Please share with us detailed steps to help us replicate the issue at our end.

2. Do you see any errors reported on the project? Please also share the error details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660680 Reply

Hi Swapna,

See the screenshots I added.

The message I get indicates the compliance level does not match the project facet setting but if you notice from the screenshots that is not the case. Secondly, I am getting the generic message:

Project configurator 'org.eclipse.buildship.configurators.base' failed to configure project {project name}.

If I change the source and target compatibility to java 13 in the gradle build file both those errors go away.

There was another thread on these forums I stumbled across yesterday while investigating the issue which suggested that the buildship plugin can’t just be installed / upgraded normally through the marketplace (not sure if this is still the case). Although I was able to get MyEclipse to show the latest version of BuildShip in the Installation Details, I do recall the upgrade not being completely clean. There was an error dialog which came up about not being able to find the osgi.bundle repository from any of the sources specified in the update sites list. I made sure to uncheck that option to look for the dependencies from remote repositories and went through the upgrade again. But still can’t set java 14 in the gradle build file.

Best regards,

Stewart

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #660702 Reply

support-swapna

Stewart,

Thank you for the details and the screenshots. I could cleanly install the latest Gradle to MyEclipse 2020.5.18 and didnt see any errors. You are right that we had dependencies for Gradle within our tools in earlier MyEclipse versions so updating it manually didnt work in those versions.

I have filed a bug report for the dev team to look into this issue. We will keep you posted about our findings.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#660720 Reply

Thank you Swapna.

I will see if I can recreate the issue with a brand new project.

Keep in mind that I see this issue only when I configure the Java plugin as follows in my gradle build file.

java {
    sourceCompatibility = JavaVersion.VERSION_14
    targetCompatibility = JavaVersion.VERSION_14
    }

Best regards,

Stewart

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Latest Gradle Buildship Plugin Support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in