facebook

Latest update

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi

I appear to have a problem on my mac with the latest update.

It seemed to install OK but when I close and then relaunch I get the following error
    and it repeats the update process.

An internal error occurred during: “Register for CLI”.
    org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.api.extensions.Extension: Provider org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.common.extensions.identity.IdentityExtension not a subtype

The good news is I can edit and save code. The preview (which is really good) runs and updates.

My PC also did the same update at much the same time without a problem.

In case it’s relevant I still see both the Angular CLI as well as the new Web Applications folders in the servers pane. On the PC I just see the new Web Aplications folder.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Cheers

Richard

#615996 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi

Also just noticed the following as the server starts up.

Cheers

Richard

> Executing task in folder /Users/richardhirstle/eclipse-workspace/Pendulum: node_modules/angular-ide/bin/ng se
    rve –port=4200 –live-reload=true –webclipse-launch-id=4190411393727950021 <

Node.js version: v9.4.0
    NPM version: 5.6.0
    ** Angular Live Development Server is listening on localhost:4200, open your browser on http://localhost:4200/
    23% building 110/129 modules 19 active …general-note/general-note.component.cssBrowserslist: caniuse-lite is
    outdated. Please run next command npm update caniuse-lite browserslist

Date: 2019-06-14T02:40:08.892Z
    Hash: af8b6591c128b0704747
    Time: 33790ms
    chunk {main} main.js, main.js.map (main) 845 kB [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {polyfills} polyfills.js, polyfills.js.map (polyfills) 236 kB [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {runtime} runtime.js, runtime.js.map (runtime) 6.08 kB [entry] [rendered]
    chunk {styles} styles.js, styles.js.map (styles) 891 kB [initial] [rendered]
    chunk {vendor} vendor.js, vendor.js.map (vendor) 8.06 MB [initial] [rendered]
    ℹ 「wdm」: Compiled successfully.
    ℹ 「wdm」: Compiling…

Date: 2019-06-14T02:40:54.195Z – Hash: 198a21b31d236d22a518 – Time: 8773ms
    4 unchanged chunks
    chunk {main} main.js, main.js.map (main) 845 kB [initial] [rendered]
    ℹ 「wdm」: Compiling…
    ℹ 「wdm」: wait until bundle finished: /dashboard

Date: 2019-06-14T02:40:55.791Z – Hash: 198a21b31d236d22a518 – Time: 1293ms
    5 unchanged chunks

#615999 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Clearly looks like you’ve had an odd update, with bits of the old tech and the new sticking around, and the repeated update attempts – sorry about that.

1) Can you send us your workspace error log? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log
    2) The failed update seems to be an evergeen glitch, maybe we can try a manual update to “reset” it. Help > Check for Updates and apply the CodeMix related updates from the list presented. Does this help?
    3) The issue when running the app appears to be a coincidence, a Node package that has gotten outdated recently?

Glad that you like LivePreview, it’s one of our favourite new features – would be happy to hear your feedback as you use it in everyday development.

#616001 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

Thanks for the quick response.

Curiously I don’t have the metadata folder in the workspace. I have attached a screen grab just to check I am in the right place. That’s the workspace / folder that I select in your startup dlog.

I ran the one update in the list – a patch from a while back I think – restarted – I still get the error alert but it’s not re-running the update. I still see the two folders in the servers pane.

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #616003 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

Sorry – senior moment.

Because I have my system set to show hidden system files in the finder I assumed it would also show them in folders like the workspace – it doesn’t !

Anyway now I can see the log I have attached a copy.

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    #616007 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Thanks for the log – it looks like there was an issue downloading one of the larger bundles during the evergreen update, though subsequent updates should have fixed it. We’ll take a deeper look.

As far as the current state:
    1) Can you send us this file: [eclipse_installation_directory]/configuration/org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator/bundles.info
    2) If you go to Help > Install New Software – can you find (or Add) the following site: http://www.genuitec.com/updates/codemix/ci/
    3) With this site selected, can you uncheck, “Hide items that are already installed”, expand each node and send us a screenshot?

Thanks!

#616008 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

I don’t see those folders I’m afraid. Screen shot attached.

Screen shot of the Install new software dlog also attached.

Cheers

Richard

Attachments:
    #616028 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Thanks for those details – the screenshots helped. I believe what happened, is that your update process glitched out, and while you have the new features and plugins, it also left orphaned plugins in the install. The only way to remove these would appear to be starting with a fresh Eclipse install into which you install CodeMix from scratch (you can keep the same workspace so you won’t lose any work), or un-installing each of them individually (we have to identify which are around in your install first)

If installing a new Eclipse version is not a problem for you (also a good time to upgrade from Eclipse Oxygen which is a couple of years old) – then you can go ahead and do that. If you prefer the uninstall route, you give us your bundles.info and we’ll modify it to remove the plugins that shouldn’t be there.

Now, to get the bundles.info, right click the Eclipse app you see on the extreme right of your screenshot, choose Show Package Contents > Contents > Eclipse > configuration

#616056 Reply

Richard
    Participant

Hi Brian

All good.

I went for the clean install of Eclipse and Codemix so I have a shiny new version of both and all running well.

FYI I think both our PC and the mac were trying to get the update at the same time so that was probably what caused the problem rather than anything at your end.

Thanks again for your help.

Pleased to give you feedback on the new functionality in a day or two.

Cheers

Richard

#616256 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Richard,

Thank you for getting back to us, and I’m glad you have everything working smoothly. Looking forward to your feedback!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Latest update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in