facebook

Launch nodejs never start the program

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carlos Farias
    Participant

I am trying to use the Run As CodeMix Lauch or Debug As CodeMix Launch, filled the launch.json, but it never get started.

There are a task running that says: “Launching Launch Program (lpam-node)”
    Launching: Launching delegate
    It sytays always at 45%

#668202 Reply

support-swapna

Carlos,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with debugging.
    For debugging, please check this tutorial if you haven’t earlier : https://www.genuitec.com/docs/debugger/debugging-in-codemix

If you are still seeing issues, then please share with us some more details :

1. Does the app start fine when starting it from Terminal+ view?

2. Are you trying to debug TS files in the nodejs app? If yes, then you need to modify the launch.json entries as below i.e add a preLaunchTask entry and modify the program entry to point to .ts file :

"program": "${workspaceFolder}/src/main.ts",
    "preLaunchTask": "tsc: build - tsconfig.json",

3. In case you dont have a system installation of Nodejs, then please add another entry to the launch.json pointing to the one from .codemix-store. The .codemix-store will be located in your user home folder.
    Example :
    "runtimeExecutable": "C:\\userxxx\\.codemix-store\\nodejs\\14.1.0\\node.exe"

4. Please share the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (rename the extension to .txt and attach it here) along with the contents of the launch.json to help us investigate further. Also share with us more details about the project and the file types you are working with.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#668420 Reply

Carlos Farias
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
    I didn’t have the node intalled in my pc. So I tried the point 3, but it didn’t work.

I’ve installed the node in my system and now I am able to debug.

My only issue is when I use the Run configurations then I don’t see any way to stop the node. Where I could stop the node server?

Best Regards,
    Carlos

#668467 Reply

support-swapna

Carlos,

Glad that the debug works.
    For the node.js started via Run configuration, you can terminate the Node.js:Server-side JavaScript process from the Task Manager to stop the server. If it is started from the Terminal+, you can stop it using Ctrl+C.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Launch nodejs never start the program

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in