December 6, 2017 at 11:30 am #544621
I’ve been having issues with the debugger. Sometimes it used to freeze when launching the app and opening the browser, but usually I could fix it by closing Eclipse. Today it started freezing at 57% and I can’t get passed it now. I am unable to debug. I’ve tried reinstalling webclipse, restarting eclipse, and restarting my mac. I can’t get passed this now.
BrianDecember 6, 2017 at 2:29 pm #544627
Sometimes the debugger will get past the 57% but the debugger doesn’t start and throws this error:
An internal error occurred during: “Launching frontend-supplier Angular application in a Chrome browser…”.
Failed to acquire semaphore (timeout)
Any ideas?December 7, 2017 at 8:22 am #544657
Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It looks like a problem with acquiring a lock for one of the resources.
Can you please give us some more details?
1. Eclipse Version from Help > About Eclipse section and the Mac OS version.
2. Can you please clarify if the IDE freezes only during debug and the rest of the actions like running the app works fine?
3. When the Eclipse frrezes, can you take a thread dump so we can see what is going on inside the IDE? To take a threaddump, please run jstack -l [PID] > dump.txt
jstack is a binary found in the bin folder of your Java installation, replace [PID] with the process Id of Eclipse, of course. Send us the resulting dump.txt file.
4. Also share with us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log to help us check if there are any errors/exceptions logged.
Apologies for inconvenience caused.
MyEclipse SupportDecember 7, 2017 at 11:27 am #544665
1. I believe the mac version and eclipse version are in the ProblemReportorEclipse.rtf file that I attached. This morning my Eclipse crashed and generated this report.
2. I am still able to run the Angular application even when I have issues with the debugger.
3. It hasn’t frozen on me since I created this ticket, but the debugger does terminate sometimes and my Eclipse has been crashing but I’m not sure if it’s related to the webclipse plugin.
4. I’ve attached the .log file from EclipseDecember 8, 2017 at 10:48 am #544762
Thank you for the log and the details. The dev team is looking into it and will get back to you soon with suggestions to fix the problem.
Apologies for inconvenience caused.
MyEclipse SupportDecember 8, 2017 at 11:42 am #544771
I have an update. It froze again this morning. I’ve attached the jstack dump.txt file.
BrianDecember 8, 2017 at 3:16 pm #544782
I’m sorry we didn’t pick up on this earlier, but these crashes are a known issue on Neon + macOS High Sierra. The simplest fix is to simply update to Eclipse Oxygen – I’m assuming you aren’t using the Angular IDE standalone install, but have added it to an existing Eclipse install? If you add it to an Oxygen based install, the crashes should go away. Note that the debugging problem is likely a separate issue, though we’ll have to ensure you are using a stable environment first.
1) The Eclipse bug covering this is here:
2) Our team is has actually been unable to reproduce these crashes with the same environment. By any chance are you running in a non English locale?
Sorry we didn’t pick up the connection earlier, I hope you are able to move to Oxygen – please let us know if it fixes the crash.December 8, 2017 at 4:14 pm #544787
I switched over to Eclipse Oxygen but the debugger still freezes sometimes. I’ve attached a thread dump file from Oxygen. Regards.December 8, 2017 at 4:23 pm #544789
Yes, the debugging issue is a separate problem and our dev team is investigating this issue.
With Oxygen, your IDE should no longer be crashing – can you tell me if you are using a non-English locate for your OS or Eclipse install?December 26, 2017 at 9:19 am #545862
I’ve exactly the same problem (launching freeze at 57%)
My eclipse is Oxygen.
My ng serve arguments are “-ssl 1 –proxy-config proxy.config.json”
After lauching chrome, I have to update the URL from http to https.
CharlesDecember 27, 2017 at 3:27 am #545888
I’m not completely sure of the problem as described. You say that the launch freezes but later say that Chrome is launched (after which you have to change the URL). Are you saying that the freeze is intermittent or that it takes a long time to launch the browser? In tests, I did initally see the apparent freeze at 57% but it is not consistent and I haven’t been able to replicate beyond those first couple of tests. However, I’ll raise an issue for development to investigate and we’ll get back to you.
Regarding the ssl option, I will also raise a bug for this issue which I’ve been able to replicate. I believe the correct syntax for the option is to precede “ssl” with two hyphens (your post gives only one), that is
--ssl 1, though it appears that both options give the same result.
If you can provide a consistent set of steps for the freeze, that would help as we continue investigations,
Apologies for the inconvenience.January 8, 2018 at 10:51 am #547393
I’m not having this problem anymore. I think it was the combination of upgrading to Eclipse Oxygen and making sure my High Sierra OS was up to date.January 9, 2018 at 7:32 am #547508
Glad that you are no longer seeing the crash problem with Oxygen. Thank you for getting back to us.
Let us know if you see any other issues.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.