facebook

'Launching JavaScript debug session…' has encountered a problem

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

john-cubillos
    Participant

Hello.

When I start my Angular CLI application, I have got this error:
    Timed out waiting for server to start. Please ensure you have angular-ide NPM plugin installed in your project. Run npm install –save-dev angular-ide.

I have ran this command, but it doesn’t work.
    What shoud I do?

#510712 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hello John,

We have already fixed the bug you’re experiencing and we will soon be rolling out release with the fix – Webclipse 2017 CI 2. You can expect it at most tomorrow.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#510713 Reply

john-cubillos
    Participant

Excellent.
    I will be waiting for it

#510992 Reply

support-swapna

John,

Webclipse 2017 CI 2 is out. Please update and let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#511364 Reply

prathameshrane16
    Participant

I am getting this error:

‘Launching JavaScript debug session…’ has encountered a problem as alert

and in terminal i got this error:

Class constructor TypeScriptFileRefactor cannot be invoked without ‘new’
    TypeError: Class constructor TypeScriptFileRefactor cannot be invoked without ‘new’
    at TypeScriptFileRefactor.TypeScriptFileRefactor (C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\angular-ide\lib\CLUtils.js:29:2
    5)
    at Object.resolveEntryModuleFromMain (C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\@ngtools\webpack\src\entry_resolver.js:104:
    20)
    at AotPlugin._setupOptions (C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\@ngtools\webpack\src\plugin.js:124:50)
    at new AotPlugin (C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\@ngtools\webpack\src\plugin.js:21:14)
    at Object.exports.getNonAotConfig (C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\angular-cli\models\webpack-configs\typescript.
    js:26:13)
    at new NgCliWebpackConfig (C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\angular-cli\models\webpack-config.js:24:37)
    at Class.run (C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\angular-cli\tasks\serve.js:31:29)
    at C:\Users\Prathamesh\workspace\AngularTest\node_modules\angular-cli\commands\serve.run.js:22:22
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:103:7)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #511372 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Hi prathameshrane16,

JavaScript debug session failed to start, because ng serve failed to start the server. To ensure that you have all dependencies in the correct version, please remove node_modules folder and run npm install in the terminal. If this doesn’t help, please share “package.json” and “angular-cli.json” files, and version of node and npm configured for the project (click settings icon in terminal+ with the project selected). With this information I hop to be able to reproduce the issue and provide you with a workaround or a fix.

Best regards,
    Piotr Tomiak

#511455 Reply

Hi prathameshrane16,

We have identified that a recent Angular CLI dependency change is causing angular-ide to stop working, so a new angular-ide package has been submitted with a fix.
    To fix this, you just need to update your angular-ide package on the project (run the following using Terminal+):

npm update angular-ide

Best Regards,
    Sal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: 'Launching JavaScript debug session…' has encountered a problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in