facebook

LG G6 never finishes loading anything

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

ptalindstrom
    Participant

I have used GapDebug for years with my Samsung tablet but thought i would try with my new LG G6 as it is much faster than the tablet.

When i first plug in the phone to USB i get Installing DevDisk Image but it partially loads and then stalls. I also tried loading an app apk and it does the same thing: http://take.ms/aK6Vg

At first i thought it was due to missing usb driver for G6 but i just installed LG’s Sync s/w and it connects and is able to backup my phone.

#530808 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

Hi ptalindstrom,

To help us to localize the problem, could you please try to upload the same APK you’re trying to install through plain ADB command? I mean, I’d like to know if ‘adb install path_to_you_apk’ works good with the same phone.

Regards,
    Vadim Ridosh

#530857 Reply

ptalindstrom
    Participant

sorry, not sure what ADB is. I have 2 methods to upload APK:

1. using GapDebug
    2. uploading from Dropbox – i can load from dropbox and the app works fine; but there is no debug capability if done this way.

#530863 Reply

ptalindstrom
    Participant

ok, i found ADB.. and now get this:

adb server version (31) doesn’t match this client (36); killing…

#530867 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

Could you please:

1. Kill adb process and GapDebug too
    2. Run adb install <apk_path>
    It should either install APK correctly or give us the same error message you’re getting from GapDebug. This should narrow the problem’s scope for us.

Regards,
    Vadim Ridosh

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by support-vadim.
    #530869 Reply

ptalindstrom
    Participant

i found a post to do this:
    adb kill-server
    adb start-server

i was then able to use adb to install. This app now shows in GapDebug when i run the app.. but still i cannot debug.

Next i tried to installing app from gapdebug; but still stalls during load.

will try killing processes and repeating.

#530870 Reply

ptalindstrom
    Participant

killed everything and attempted to reload using ADB.. same as i got above.. it loads fine from adb… but same as before: if i run GD and then connect device.. it stalls loading DevDisk

#530872 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

If you run adb to install APK and only after that run GapDebug – does it fix the problem?

#530881 Reply

ptalindstrom
    Participant

ah… all the times above when i said i could not debug – i was wrong. i do have debug tools but they were minimized. i see now that it works. so i can debug; i just can’t use GD to load apk… which is ok

thank you for your help with this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: LG G6 never finishes loading anything

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in