facebook

[Linux] "CodeMix Engine is starting up" displayed indefinitely

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

oliver-welter
    Participant

Hi,
    after starting eclipse and opening a tsx file, eclipse shows “yellow” status for CodeMix and the tool tip shows: “The CodeMix engine is starting up and will be ready momentarily”.

Log file is attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #642596 Reply

support-swapna

oliver,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Before opening the tsx file, was the engine started? Did you see a blue tick at the bottom left indicating the engine is already started?
    2. Can you please run the ‘Reload CodeMix Engine’ from the command palette invoked using Ctrl+Shift+P, it will restart the engine and once you see a blue tick, try loading the tsx file in the editor.
    3. Is this a new install of CodeMix? Are you seeing this problem suddenly?
    4. Any anti virus software running in the machine?

You can also reach us via Live Chat (Help > CodeMix > Live Chat) for a quick diagnosis. We have some diagnostic tools available via Live Chat which will help us identify the problem quickly.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#642638 Reply

oliver-welter
    Participant

Hi,
    1. Before opening the tsx file, was the engine started? Did you see a blue tick at the bottom left indicating the engine is already started?

In case there are no open tsx files from the previous eclipse session, the codemix symbol is blue but without any tick, no matter how long I wait the blue symbol with the tick is not appearing. After I opening a tsx file the symbol switches to yellow, sometimes it becomes blue with a tick and the editor can be used, sometimes it shows the waiting status indefinitely.

In case there are open tsx files from the previous eclipse session, the codemix symbol directly switches to yellow and it shows the waiting status indefinitely.

To summarize, if Eclipse is started without already opened files the codemix engine sometimes starts correctly but not always. If Eclipse starts with opened files that the process hangs always indefinitely.

2. Can you please run the ‘Reload CodeMix Engine’ from the command palette invoked using Ctrl+Shift+P, it will restart the engine and once you see a blue tick, try loading the tsx file in the editor.
    Didn’t work, the symbol stayed yellow, looks like the restart didn’t happen.

3. Is this a new install of CodeMix? Are you seeing this problem suddenly?
    I reinstalled my Eclipse recently and afterwards I experienced the issue even if I think I used the same version of codemix with my previous installation as well. I saw a similar issue before already when using docker which was creating directories in the workspace with root permission. It looked liked that in case codemix cannot read all files and directories within the workspace the process hangs.

4. Any anti virus software running in the machine?
    No

Best,
    Oliver

#642775 Reply

support-swapna

Oliver,

Thank you for the details.
    The log file you sent us is not in sync with the engine behavior you are seeing.

1. Can we get a detailed log please? Please add the below lines to the config.ini file which is located in the Eclipse installation directory/configuration folder (you can add the lines to the end of the file) :

com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true
    com.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log.verbose=true

Once done, restart the Eclipse IDE and now replicate the problems with the engine when opening the tsx files, the case where the blue tick first appears and then switches to yellow. Try for couple of minutes and then send us the files that are created in your user home directory/.codemix folder.

3. Also share with us the workspace log file which is located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log (change the extension to .txt and attach it here)

4. Are you seeing the problem only with tsx files or other files like HTML as well?

5. Regarding the Eclipse reinstallation, can you let us know if anything changed w.r.t the reinstall? Did the Eclipse location change from the previous one? Do you now have full permissions to the Eclipse installation location and the workspace location?

6. Did you install Eclipse using the installer?

Is it possible for you to reach us via Live Chat(Help > CodeMix > Live Chat)? If no, then please share the above requested details for further investigation.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. We hope to figure out the problem soon.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#643564 Reply

oliver-welter
    Participant

The issue didn’t occur anymore after upgrading to version 3.6.0.202002242056

#643578 Reply

support-swapna

Oliver,

Glad that the update fixed the problem. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [Linux] "CodeMix Engine is starting up" displayed indefinitely

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in