facebook

Linux/Fedora configuration for MyEclipse 2014

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

Forgive me if I’ve missed this someplace, but can someone point me to some examples for configuring MyEclipse on Linux? I’m particularly trying to figure out how I should use the -configuration and -initialize arguments, with the IDE installed in /var/local/myeclipse. Am using the same license, but use different user accounts and projects. All the accounts belong to me, so the license is valid.

Thanks.

Bob

#345191 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Bob,

I assume you’ve installed MyEclipse as administrator (or using sudo). This isn’t recommended. However, In this case, the configuration location pointed to by -configuration may not be writeable by users. You will have to make that configuration folder writeable by the users you want to access it. I guess, moving the configuration folder to a writeable location might also work.

-initialize is a standard eclipse parameter and doesn’t take arguments, so you should be able to just add it, if you want to. It’s not an option I’m familiar with but the eclipse help shows that the IDE will not be run if it is included; it merely reinitializes caches and structures.

Please let us know if this helps.

#345192 Reply

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

Tony,
    Thanks for the reply.

Guess I missed the recommendation against installation as root. I solved the problem by making the “configuration” directory under the installation tree and all contained files writable by a common group (users). This didn’t work the first time because I included the -initialize option and expected it to run; I also forgot to logout after adding the common group to the user profile.

Thanks again.

#345193 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Bob,

I’m glad that worked for you. Thanks for getting back to us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Linux/Fedora configuration for MyEclipse 2014

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in