facebook

Linux install of GA [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

abuhashim

The linux installer didn’t work for me. I installed as root since the installation in under /opt/eclipse. The installed started up fine and asked for the eclipse installation directory which I chose. It then said that the directory was incorrect and to press back or exit.

Thats as far as it got.

Qasim

#196944 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Qasim,

You’re probably specifying one level “too high” of a directory. The Eclipse directory being asked for must be the one that contains the .eclipseproduct file. In your case, it’s most likely /opt/eclipse/eclipse.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196945 Reply

abuhashim

I don’t have an /opt/eclipse/eclipse directory neither does that file exist under /opt/eclipse or under the home directory

#196973 Reply

snpe

You create dir .eclipseproduct in eclipse dir, btw

touch /opt/eclipse/.eclipseproduct

and restart installation

regards

#196975 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

While this might work, I don’t understand why the .eclipseproduct file isn’t there already. It’s required to be in every install directory of every Eclipse product, including Eclipse itself. For all our Linux installations here, it was included in the distribution. Odd. By the way, please be sure you are running the release version of either Eclipse 2.1.0 or 2.1.1. No integration, nightly, M-builds or anything else.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Linux install of GA [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in